Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baldock-240215-l229-2293903_478x359.jpg

Sam Baldock
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 25th February 2015
by Adam Tighe
Macca stretched the play and gave us the option to play the ball in behind the defence. "
Craig Mackail-Smith

Sam Baldock praised the impact of Craig Mackail-Smith after the forward returned to the starting line up to help Brighton & Hove Albion to a 2-0 win over Leeds United.

Mackail-Smith laid on the opener for Baldock in an impressive display and the former Bristol City striker told seagulls.co.uk, "It was a great run from Macca. He loves those runs and I knew he was going to have time to get his head up."He knew I was going to make the front post run and he found me and I tucked it in.
"Macca stretched the play and gave us the option to play the ball in behind the defence.
"He created the space which allowed Joao [Teixeira] to be more threatening and gave us more opportunities."*

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Meanwhile Baldock declared the whole squad are now full of belief after securing back-to-back home wins, extending Albion's unbeaten run to four."It was another exciting game. We felt dangerous going forward again and it definitely was a relief to get that second goal as we missed a few opportunities before then.
"We are a team high on confidence. We knew we had issues to address from Saturday and we did that with the clean sheet. The performance was one that we can be very proud of, especially the work rate.*
"You can never take games for granted and it’s good to get a six-point cushion, but we want to push on and make that nine on Saturday."
[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h] TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h] SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH CITY
[/h] FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here