ch-240215-l229-2294104_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
23:00 24th February 2015
by Paul Camillin
Overall this was our best performance."
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton hailed tonight's impressive 2-0 win over Leeds United as the best game yet of his tenure as manager.Albion were the only side in the Championship bottom 11 to pick up any points and the win puts Hughton's side six points clear of the drop zone.
He said, "Overall this was our best performance. I thought we were very good in the Ipswich game and obviously got three goals there, but the clean sheet meant a lot today.
"We went from two clean sheets to a fairly open game at the weekend but managed to score more goals.
"The only negative from today was that we could have made it more convincing. We got into good areas and we broke very well but Leeds are a good team who are in good form.
"It was a good night for us all round. We have had plenty of days when we have come in and seen other results go against us; but it is not about the results elsewhere it is about the performance here tonight.
"The crowd were excellent and they have been throughout my time here. I’m delighted that we had a performance to give them something to cheer about tonight."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hughton praised the impact of Craig Mackail-Smith and revealed he felt the Albion striker would create problems for Leeds, with his tireless energy."The thought behind picking Craig lies in the way that Leeds play. They are a team that press very well and have a lot of youthful energy in their team.
"We just felt that the best opportunity that we had would be to stretch them and probably Craig – from the three strikers that we have got – is the best at that.
"He did well when he came on at the weekend and we got the right effect then, and I was delighted with his performance today."
[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h]SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH CITY
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here