Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team selection

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Absolutely spot on by Hughton tonight, CMS and Baldock stretched Leeds all over the place, Kayal picked passes through the middle and because Leeds were stretched this gave Tex free reign in attacking midfield. We also looked much better defensively and closed down well collectively without the ball. Well done, Chris :clap:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Leeds away was our best game up to now. Teixeira & LuaLua ran them ragged. Someone (Nathan Jones?) must have advised that their defence were vulnerable to pacy players who would run at them. Well done Hughton for doing his homework.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Leeds away was our best game up to now. Teixeira & LuaLua ran them ragged. Someone (Nathan Jones?) must have advised that their defence were vulnerable to pacy players who would run at them. Well done Hughton for doing his homework.

I agree with the general point. As soon as I saw CMS was starting it indicated that Hughton wanted a more fleet-footed attack at what you suspect would be a static defence.

It was nothing to do with the game in Leeds in September though.

Their defence that day was:
S Byram
S Warnock
J Pearce
L Cooper

Last night it was:
S Bamba
S Wootton
C Taylor
L Cooper

Only one player in common.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I imagine that giving the CMS nod was because he suspected they might still be a bit tired from their game with Boro on Saturday and he was right; they couldn't handle the movement. If nothing else, Mackail-Smith will keep a defence moving for an entire game

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here