Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Two excellent home wins in 4 days. Players looking settled and confident. Players understanding what's asked off them and playing as a part of a team. Goals seems to be flowing again with the 4231 system paying dividends. How much can be attributed to the Chris Hughton effect? Personally I think a top manager who's just what was needed at the club. Let's get Championship surival sorted and see what he's really capable of next season. Hope I'm not being over optimistic but I'd say in Chris Hughton, with the right resources were capable of big things!! Bring it on

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am inclined to agree with you assessment of CH. He does tend to start slowly and then get better when his players start to implement his plans. However, these wins are coming against mid table sided. Lets wait and see how we do when we come up against sides in Promotion and play off places. That will be a better gage as to wow much we are improving under him

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I also always heard people saying he shows no passion, but he's always erging the players on. I like him :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am inclined to agree with you assessment of CH. He does tend to start slowly and then get better when his players start to implement his plans. However, these wins are coming against mid table sided. Lets wait and see how we do when we come up against sides in Promotion and play off places. That will be a better gage as to wow much we are improving under him
Ipswich?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Pardon the pun but with Hughton so far it's round pegs in round holes. The players (with the exception of Calderon who's firing regardless) are being played in their desired positions. The confidence is there for all to see. Chris Hughton has to take the plaudits

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I know but we had a couple of blips after the Ipswich game. Don't get me wrong...............I think he was the best manager available to us. I think he is an excellent manager but I don't want to get carried away on the strength of these two back to back wins

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I also always heard people saying he shows no passion, but he's always erging the players on. I like him :thumbsup:

Good call. Oh and he is not moribund in the dugout like a previous manager (forgotten his name) !

I have been down from Glasgow for the last two matches and think I contributed a lot to our success. They played for me! Thanks chaps. Go on your Super Seagulls!!!

TNBA

TTF

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
For the first time ever he's got them playing the ball to CMS strengths, running onto it Hallelujah!

its almost like he know what he's doing.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Thought CMS done very well tonight. Teixeira and Kayal looked class and Stockdale made some good saves too.

Their keeper to be fair, made a top drawer triple save at the end too

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Pardon the pun but with Hughton so far it's round pegs in round holes. The players (with the exception of Calderon who's firing regardless) are being played in their desired positions. The confidence is there for all to see. Chris Hughton has to take the plaudits

Baldock?

Lush

Mods' Pet
There's a lot of talk about preparing for games/doing research etc, but rarely have I felt that it made much of a difference to the way we play or our team selection under Poyet/Garcia/Theotherone.

Then Hughton arrived...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's a pleasure to see the players actually knowing what to do again. Sami seemed to have knocked that out of them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Calde would play in goal if asked and do well.
The square peg rule does not apply to him.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Thought CMS done very well tonight. Teixeira and Kayal looked class and Stockdale made some good saves too.

Their keeper to be fair, made a top drawer triple save at the end too

Stockdale made A good save (1) because that was the only shot he had to save

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here