Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking forward to next season, who from the existing squad would be a starter?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
For me:

Starters:

Stockdale
Dunk
Bennett (if we can sign him permanently)
Kayal
Ince
Stephens

Squad players:

Baldock
Calderon
Lua Lua
March
Walton
Crofts
JFC

Sell/Release:

Greer
Bruno
CMS
O'Grady

Need to sign:

New Centre Backs x 2
New Right Back
New Strikers x 2

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
i wouldnt be surprised if only 3 or 4 survived the cull. i have a feeling we might have a real go at it next year

Who do you think those 3-4 will be?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Murray was poor for Palace in his first season there, then had a get season so hopefully a fair few of our squad can come good next season too.

Have a good run and a build up confidence going forward to the end of this season through good performances and results will help. The last few performances have given me a lot more hope for a good season next season

I'm not sure starting all over again and changing a lot of our squad will help and we could just end up repeating this sort of season again (not saying that there won't be a few changes though, all squads evole - some revolutions work (micky Adams mk I, some don't straight away)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My head hurts. A few games ago (Brentford I think), I said I wouldn't be disappointed if any of our strikers we owned left. Now I could make a case for all of them to stay. I think I'm turning fickle - or they've all improved in recent games!!!???

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My head hurts. A few games ago (Brentford I think), I said I wouldn't be disappointed if any of our strikers we owned left. Now I could make a case for all of them to stay. I think I'm turning fickle - or they've all improved in recent games!!!???

Hopefully, thanks to Hughton, we are starting to use them more effectively (more support, faster going forward, etc..) and now seeing the benefits and given time, it will get even better.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Complete striker cull

CMS
O'Grady
Baldock

That's if we want to be serious about getting promotion.

All three have had extended periods in the Championship with different clubs who have been relegated and have failed to make the grade.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hopefully, thanks to Hughton, we are starting to use them more effectively (more support, faster going forward, etc..) and now seeing the benefits and given time, it will get even better.

I've always been a big CMS supporter - mainly due to his attitude etc but recently even I thought there's no way we should keep him on.... If he plays more regularly like tonight Id five him a 2 yr deal tho - fingers crossed!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
A new keeper , 2 full backs a centre half and a couple of good strikers with our midfield might make a play off place

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've always been a big CMS supporter - mainly due to his attitude etc but recently even I thought there's no way we should keep him on.... If he plays more regularly like tonight Id five him a 2 yr deal tho - fingers crossed!

I've always wonderd if he would suit us better as a winger? or woud the extra need for tracking back take too much away from his ability to stretch the opposition, etc.

If he did, he'd have more space to work with out wide and he is a good crosser of the ball (1st goal tonight, goal at Forest last game of last season....etc.) and he seems to spend a lot of time chasing down balls played out wide into those sorts of areas anyway and rarely seems to get the chance to be in the middle and on the end of some good, accurate passes himself.

I'd keep him anyway, even as a striker, because he offers something different that we don't really have otherwise and i think we may find it hard to find an affordable replacement

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Keep baldock and sign two big pacey strikers.

Get rid of Greer too, past it. Sign a powerful pacey centre back and halford.

Kemy contract ending too? And Casper?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
A new keeper , 2 full backs a centre half and a couple of good strikers with our midfield might make a play off place

Definitely don't need a new first choice goalkeeper. Stockdale has been solid of late and has made a lot of good saves and Waltons a good back up. Fully agree with the rest though.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Complete striker cull

CMS
O'Grady
Baldock

That's if we want to be serious about getting promotion.

All three have had extended periods in the Championship with different clubs who have been relegated and have failed to make the grade.

Palace fans probably said the same about Murray after his first season for them (37 games & 6 goals) how did he do in his second season?

To me they all offer something different and i'd keep them.
Baldock looks a good finisher to me when given a chance.
O'Grady is good at retaining possession and holding the ball up, bringing others into the game.
CMS is good at stretching the play and making it difficult for the opposition defence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here