Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for gamers

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My son wants an XBox Live Gold account so he can have new games delivered every month. A quick search of the website reveals that these could be any games, including those with an 18 limit. I can find no indication as to whether you can set preferences so inappropriate games aren't made available (for an IT company, Microsoft's websites are appallingly designed) and there's no contact email either.

Does anyone know whether Live Gold means you take what you're given or can you set preferences?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
The games tend to be suitable for all ages but vary a lot in quality, you get two per month. If the main reason for getting a Live account is the free games he's going to be disappointed.

If however he's got lots of mates who also have a Live account then its worth getting for the online play.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Did you enter your DOB or your kids? Usually they market Live Gold to their age so if you put in your sons you should be fine :)

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Yes, I spotted that - it's doesn't help on Live Gold though

Matski thanks for this. Does that mean there are no 18 games in the two per month?

it varies a lot to be honest. i think last month there was a 'U' cert and a 15 or 18 i think it was. as Matski said though, the quality varies loads!

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
You can have a child (restricted) or adult xbox live account. Be warned once you upgrade the child to the adult you cant reverse that ..... as I found out to my costs when I wanted to punish the little sod :ffsparr:

Sorry cant help you on the free game bit

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here