Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadband/BT/Landline Advice

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Afternoon all,

It appears to be impossible to talk to anyone anywhere, at BT or wherever, without being passed around and then being promised to be called back (which then doesn't happen), so I thought I'd come here and, as tradition has had it, have my query solved within the hour...

I currently have BT Broadband piped into the house. A flatmate is moving out at the weekend. Said flatmate's name and account are on the BT account. Flatmate is taking account (ie. number and associated broadband account) with her, so I will have a physical 'phone line but no account.

I want to go with another broadband provider - not TV/internet/phone combos like Sky or Virgin, just simple broadband.

My question then - do I need to register the 'phone line with BT, get a BT number and account, or can I go to someone like TalkTalk directly who'll set me up with them?

That's it. I've tried calling these companies but am having no luck.

Cheers!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You will need a number to be allocated to the physical pair so you'll need to contact BT (or other providers are available). There will be no connection fee if you take out BT broadband. Details here : clicky

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I can help, but I'll have to get back to you.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd speak to the new provider you want, they will be sure to take it forward and be able to do so through the channels that dont involve offshore call centers.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Can't help you with BT, I am with Talk Talk and never had a problem contacting them on 0870 4441820

Well they were brilliant. An informative and super-efficient 5 minute call and they're connecting and getting me to pay half of what I paid BT for exactly the same service. March 10th though, which is a bummer but blimey, for that price and their customer service it's the least of my worries.

NSC and B52 I salute you. And you did it with ten minutes to spare.

*thread closed*
:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well they were brilliant. An informative and super-efficient 5 minute call and they're connecting and getting me to pay half of what I paid BT for exactly the same service. March 10th though, which is a bummer but blimey, for that price and their customer service it's the least of my worries.

NSC and B52 I salute you. And you did it with ten minutes to spare.

*thread closed*
:thumbsup:

Further proof, should any be needed, that NSC can be a force for good as well as evil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here