Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is It Too Late To Heap Praise On The Spicy Chilli Pies?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably not, as the ones from Saturday tend to reappear in the following midweek game.

Definitely one of the damn tastiest pies of the Amex era, and served on Saturday at the optimum temperature from the North middle kiosk also. A true culinary delight! :drool:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Probably not, as the ones from Saturday tend to reappear in the following midweek game.

Definitely one of the damn tastiest pies of the Amex era, and served on Saturday at the optimum temperature from the North middle kiosk also. A true culinary delight! :drool:
Who ate all the pies........................

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed. Should be on tonight though as they are the special for the month ? Gutted I am missing the pie (and the game)

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Controversial I know but I don't really rate the pies at the Amex. I find them very dry and a bit bland which is why I normally avoid them.

However, I got a chilli one on Saturday and it was spot on! Hope they come back and become a regular feature.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I thought the chilli pies were delicious but these spicy chilli pies have definitely raised the bar.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another chilli pie fan here after consuming one post-match on Saturday. Absolute winner, and a step up from other recent pies. Hope they stay.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't really eat at matches, I had a chicken pie thing once. Revolting. Expensive. Bad service.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Very nice pie but could do with a few more scovilles.

I should start by saying that I'm a real chilli-head and have eaten some stupid things heat-wise. I disagree about the improved pie though. The 'old' chilli pie did need to go up a notch. This one, however, has a good good kick for the chilli lovers and definitely gives you a cheeky little tickle. It's not so overpowering that it can still cater for the masses. Any hotter and I think it would loose something. Good balance, IMO.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I should start by saying that I'm a real chilli-head and have eaten some stupid things heat-wise. I disagree about the improved pie though. The 'old' chilli pie did need to go up a notch. This one, however, has a good good kick for the chilli lovers and definitely gives you a cheeky little tickle. It's not so overpowering that it can still cater for the masses. Any hotter and I think it would loose something. Good balance, IMO.

It's a nice little winter warmer I have to agree. :thumbsup:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I saw the chilli pie on the last game but was too late already ordered steak . Happy to give it a go tonight though.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The lamb mince, cheese and bacon was a superb pie, and I was gutted when they finished.
But the spicey chilli pie at the last two home games was quite wonderful. Still had a taste of the rather warm chilli, about 6-00 when I got back to Hailsham and started the serious drinking session.
Piglets Pantry Take a Bow:bowdown:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Having decided upon my usual Chicken & Ham for this evening, this thread has raised doubts.

I don't usually go for hot and spicy fills, but maybe, just maybe this once.

Alternatively, I could just buy both.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My pie enjoyment has been ruined by the addition of mushrooms to the veggie pie. Whoever thought of putting mushrooms in a spinach and ricotta pie? I just go hungry now.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've had a dodgy belly but I do like a bit of chilli, may have to risk it this evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here