Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Aaahh Factor

el punal

Please forgive my indulgence for the following post.

Last Saturday I took my six year old grandson, Harry, to the Amex for the Birmingham game. Although this was his second Albion venture, it was the first time that he had been in the West Upper with the "grown ups". The wow factor certainly took hold when he saw the view - with a tinge of vertigo chucked in as well!

It is here that I would like to say thank you to the many residents of the WSU for making Harry feel so welcome. The high fives and pats on the back after every Albion goal made him feel worth a million dollars.

After the obligatory trip to the club shop to buy him a scarf and a flag we made our way to the train, homeward bound to . . . Croydon!! Now, there's almost an unwritten rule among football fans that you "cover up" in enemy territory. Not this little mite - full display of Albion shirt, scarf and flag through East Croydon station.

Home at last, happy but totally exhausted, Harry took to his bed insisting on wearing his club shirt, Albion scarf around his head, flag over his duvet and his Gully "teddy" on the pillow. Now that's commitment!

I think the club have got a new fan for life. :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here