Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Stroke Of Luck

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
My middle son is currently travelling in South America with a couple of mates from Uni. On Saturday morning after a 15 hour bus ride he arrived in Arequipa, Peru and started to feel unwell, he passed out a couple of times and by mid day he was in a clinic, and in the evening was being operated on for acute Appendicitis.

He's had a stroke of luck, as a couple of days earlier he was across the border in Bolivia and had gone off to see a on his own to see some mine and was a day away from basic medical care, never mind a hospital. Thank Christ for Google translate, skype and face time, other wise I'd be in even more of a state than I'm in now.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I'm struggling to find an Albion link here. At first I thought this story was going to feature Gustavo Poyet in some capacity, but even that didn't come to pass. Anyhoo, glad your son is okay.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I'm struggling to find an Albion link here. At first I thought this story was going to feature Gustavo Poyet in some capacity, but even that didn't come to pass. Anyhoo, glad your son is okay.

There is a tenuous link Botty. Mrs Shingle called me to tell me what was going on whilst I was at the game on Saturday. Calde was literally about to score the 4th goal when the effing phone rang. I couldn't here her as the NS was going crazy, and I was shouting whaaat , wos up wi yew, daniel, appendix, wot choo saying.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
There is a tenuous link Botty. Mrs Shingle called me to tell me what was going on whilst I was at the game on Saturday. Calde was literally about to score the 4th goal when the effing phone rang. I couldn't here her as the NS was going crazy, and I was shouting whaaat , wos up wi yew, daniel, appendix, wot choo saying.

:lol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Blimey, if getting appendicitis in South America is a stroke of luck, I'd hate to have your bad luck

P.S. Hope he gets well soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here