Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham fans anti - semitic chanting BBC News

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
Just saw on BBC news a report on some west ham fans anti-semitic chanting on returning from the spurs game.

What is wrong with some of these people ! First Chelsea now West ham.

Embarrassing and pathetic . ( Jewish people make up less than 0.5 % of the population i understand)

Is it mob mentality or something more sinister ? Seems particularly odd as Jewish people seem to be so well intergrated into British society.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Nearly half of the British population agreed with one of four antisemitic statements presented to them according to a new poll, which found that one in eight of those surveyed believe that Jewish people use the Holocaust as a means of gaining sympathy.

It also found that one in four (25%) Britons believed that Jews chase money more than other British people, a figure which rose to 39% of those participants who identified themselves as Ukip voters.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/14/uk-jewish-antisemitism-rise-yougov-poll

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
So only jewish people can be offended by antisemitism? I suppose only black people are offend by racism and homophobia by homosexuals!

Personally Im offended by any small minded and ignorant people

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
So says our resident expert on rascism, bigotry, and mindless predjudice

He's not far wrong though. Never really understood the whole 'Spurs fans are Jewish' thing. Been going Spurs for years & can only say I only know of a handful (or less) of Jews who follow Spurs. So West Ham singing about foreskins / the holocaust on a tube train is very strange - aswell as sick.

Like fans calling calling Palace / West Ham / Gillingham fans pikeys - if they're not pikeys/travellers etc, I doubt they're really that bothered.

Jan 30, 2008
Just saw on BBC news a report on some west ham fans anti-semitic chanting on returning from the spurs game.

What is wrong with some of these people ! First Chelsea now West ham.

Embarrassing and pathetic . ( Jewish people make up less than 0.5 % of the population i understand)

Is it mob mentality or something more sinister ? Seems particularly odd as Jewish people seem to be so well intergrated into British society.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz think you'll find jewish people like to move in their own circles
regards
DR

Dandyman

In London village.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz think you'll find jewish people like to move in their own circles
regards
DR

Impressed to see you include "the social habits of proponents of the Jewish religion" in amongst your many areas of expertise.

Dandyman

In London village.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
1509852_787373848023056_5486705239758177124_n.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Jan 30, 2008
Impressed to see you include "the social habits of proponents of the Jewish religion" in amongst your many areas of expertise.
Well look back in history and they've had perecution aimed at them through out the ages ,makes you wonder what the issues are , any idea?
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here