Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We should be playing Chris O'Grady

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Good to see the goals going in on Saturday, but they werent from our strikers were they? Baldock missed a couple of good chances. Best seemed to work hard but no results. We all love to see CMS running around.. but again no final product at the moment.

Chris O'Grady seemed to be getting into some form so why is he missing out? He's top bloke. Intelligent and hard working. Get him back in the starting line up!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like O'Grady but remind me how many league goals he has scored for us?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Clearly Best's loan agreement states he must play 60 minutes every match otherwise we will have to pay his full wages

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012

But more looked like they were coming didnt they.. he was picking up some form.. he seemed to be getting some confidence. I think he was only going to get better.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Best looked a bit better on Saturday than he did before. Not much in the way of end product but his link up play and holding up the ball was better

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I'm not sure anything in the Hypia era can count. He didn't get any really regular gametime and when he did play he was often out wide in a system which nobody (particularly) the players understood.

Since NJ/CH he has been excellent imo. I reckon he could hold off a small tank, brings others into play and can see exactly where to put it as others arrive in support. He scored 2 in 5 against (both cup) and is beginning to look the real deal

Then Best arrives and the rest is history ... and I fear it will remain that way

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Then Best arrives and the rest is history ... and I fear it will remain that way

I really hope not. Because Best will probably go at the end of the Season anyway.. Give O'Grady more game time and we are investing in our future.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Best looked a bit better on Saturday than he did before. Not much in the way of end product but his link up play and holding up the ball was better

Agreed. Best was better on Sat than I've seen from him before. But... his link up play and holding the ball still wasn't as good as CoG's in his recent games, imo. Unless Best is going to start banging them in O'Grady is a better choice.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I genuinely didn't see anything to impress. A shot in the first half that was embarrassing plus he seemed to spend a lot of time on his arse looking at the bench as if wanting someone to tell the Ref off

We're told he needs game time but at such a critical time why isn't he getting that in the Dev squad? It might not be as sexy but he'll get himself fit and should show his worth there. Like the OP I don't get it at all

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I was going to ask you to remind me how many goals Leon Best has scored this season, but I reminded myself.

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 14.30.48.png

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just as Chris O'Grady looked as if he had turned a corner, and was running into some sort of form, our new manager decides to bring in Leon (George) Best, who had scored a few goals for him up at Newcastle about a hundred years ago.

Best, given time, may prove to be the real deal, but time is something we don't have, and l would prefer to see O'Grady lead the line at the moment. He is big, he is strong, he can hold the ball up, and he was beginning to bang in the odd goal until he was dropped.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
We need an O'Grady chant! Let the bench know what we're thinking.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I was trying to think of a twist on
'If O'Grady scores we're on the pitch' but cant..

How about

He's done his yoga let him play.
Chris O Chris O Chris O'Graday!!!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And why did CMS come on for Best, and not O'Grady?

That is even more telling than not playing COG from the off. I am starting to wonder why Hughton persuaded him to stay, if he did. How many chances does CMS get?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was going to ask you to remind me how many goals Leon Best has scored this season, but I reminded myself.

View attachment 63309

Just my attempt at getting inside Hughton's head. I'd play COG over a less than inspiring loanee every time and I'd play just about anybody in preference to CMS

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I've got a soft spot for CMS because he trys so hard. He's good at tiring out defenders.. BUT COG should have come on on Saturday.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

on the face of it, it is hard to understand why COG has been benched when he appeared to be finding his form. My only thought is that maybe Hughton simply knows that for Best to come good, or get sharper can only come from playing minutes. I think a fit, sharp leon Best will provide more than a fit sharp COG. That's a big gamble to take given our predicament, but maybe he is also thinking further ahead.. give Best the opportunity to prove himself as he is the deal that we can secure next season..maybe everyone knows that COG is here only to the end of the season. If the midfield continues to score like it did Saturday then it is a gamble worth taking, but....

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
CMS runs about like a headless Chicken....Last few appearances of COG he looked good...I like most were suprised to see CMS come on....Perhaps Hughton new we were going to win thereby saving OG for Leeds.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Best must be on one of those playing time>wages loans. Smart move from Blackburn!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here