Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

e-cash goes at end of this season. Do you use it?

Do you use e-cash?

• No

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • Yes, but only occasionally

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Yes, from time to time

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • Yes, nearly all the time

Votes: 133 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A suspicious person would say that next season they will offer discount for contactless payments and this is merely a measure to move people to the using our main sponsors credit card.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does that not coincide with less people buying food and drink and the stopping of the discount in the shop except on match days.

Will it be given sufficient official notification to use up what we have on the. card

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I stopped using it when they took the discount away from non match days.
The time I get there on match days meant I did not get time to queue at club shop to get minimal 5%.
Club lose out as I protested by not spending any money at all.

I stopped using it last year when it wouldn't update any money I put on, plus I don't spend much money at the stadium anymore.

I've used cash since they took the discount away.

Probably takes them longer to "Cash Up" than it ever would to upload the transactions.

Morons.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Personally I used it at the start, but then tailed off as per what Barber says. I am never quite sure how I will spend my matchday budget (pre-match pub, ground, post-match pub), so it is easier for me to just get the cash out at the start off the day - the 5% cashback on a 10-15 quid doesn't really seem worth the inflexibility. However, if I was with a family buying say a couple of items per person, maybe 30 quid or so, then I'd be gutted to be losing it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Donn't use it myself as i hardly ever spend any money at the Amex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I stopped using it when the cashback system stopped, or was reduced to minimal amount within an hour of the match. I also found it difficult to top up.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Use it all the time, but dislike contactless payment cards intensely as view these as pure cash if stolen as no pin security. Therefore as dont use, bank should see as fraudulent use.

Will have to revert back to cash for the new season if I can be bothered to queue.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Always use it. I've never paid cash at the stadium.

Often used it. Surprised that the number of people using it has fallen, but I don't suppose anyone is in a position to argue with that fact.

But I've used contactless in the stadium for the past couple of games and it's worked fine, though the 10% cashback we got under eCash was a helpful bonus.

Disappointed. I see this as a price increase on beer etc...

The same statement says the club is guaranteeing a price freeze for next season.

If you're talking about the 10% cashback, it's not a price rise for those who don't use eCash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here