Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just 2 more Saturday 3pm kick offs, left this season

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plus Good Friday.

Even though it's the middle of winter, for jnr at least, the season is nearly over :ohmy:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seriously pissed at this. Tuesday nights are bad enough with journey time extended by rush hour traffic but I won't do Friday nights because the M25 is too bad making our normal 3 hour drive into something over 5 hours guaranteed. Seriously seriously pissed

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Feel seriously for anybody who lives more than about three miles from the ground. Such a DRAG. Midweek games at the Amex are WAY more seriously shit for more reasons than their Withdean equivalents ever were.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Feel seriously for anybody who lives more than about three miles from the ground. Such a DRAG. Midweek games at the Amex are WAY more seriously shit for more reasons than their Withdean equivalents ever were.

I love midweek games. Straight to the game after work, pie/pint and home within 40 minutes after final whistle. Far easier than it was at Withdean.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I love midweek games. Straight to the game after work, pie/pint and home within 40 minutes after final whistle. Far easier than it was at Withdean.

Go on then, share the secret.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Personally Saturday games are hard for me to get to, hence prefer weekday or Sunday matches So I can attend.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seriously pissed at this. Tuesday nights are bad enough with journey time extended by rush hour traffic but I won't do Friday nights because the M25 is too bad making our normal 3 hour drive into something over 5 hours guaranteed. Seriously seriously pissed

I obviously do not know your circumstances but could you not drive down from the midlands, where I presume you live, on Friday mid morning and make a day of it driving straight back after the game. Its only a suggestion as I dont know you or your situation. If I was in that position being retired I could or even find a cheap travel lodge en route to come down Thursday.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I obviously do not know your circumstances but could you not drive down from the midlands, where I presume you live, on Friday mid morning and make a day of it driving straight back after the game. Its only a suggestion as I dont know you or your situation. If I was in that position being retired I could or even find a cheap travel lodge en route to come down Thursday.

Good suggestion :thumbsup: Would if I could but my wife is disabled and winter days trolling round town have lost their appeal :lolol:
If only football was a summer game it would suit us down to the ground (but probably very few others).

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Tuesdays are a pain - my lad does his football training in Heathfield between 1945 and 2100. I have to drop him off and pick him up by car, can only get to the footie if he is willing to give it a miss, and that is not fair on him :down:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Am fortunate that I can leave work early for night games and be in pub by 5.30 p.m. Did prefer the Wednesday night game against Ipswich as opposed to a normal Tuesday. I seem to think most night games were on Wednesdays back in the day...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have to change to an 8-4 shift and have the following morning off for midweek games mostly. I generally have a good time though, so i wouldn't be in for scrapping them entirely. There's often a different feeling to them, the blackened night sky enclosing us firmly into the drama unfolding, as if we've been called into satan's tepee to view a theatrical showing of our or our enemy's demise, handed a hot alcoholic broth on entry we're to sip out with straws made of warmed to crispen vein.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Am fortunate that I can leave work early for night games and be in pub by 5.30 p.m. Did prefer the Wednesday night game against Ipswich as opposed to a normal Tuesday. I seem to think most night games were on Wednesdays back in the day...

They were at the Goldstone as there was a gentlemen's agreement with the Greyhound Stadium, as they used to race Tuesday night's.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I stay to clap the players off and am normally back home in time for the 10 o'clock news. Easy peasy. I prefer evening games too

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Being a London commuter, the Withdean days were much easier for mid-weekers. Jump off the train at Preston Park, wander down the road for a swifty or two in the hotel, then stroll along to the ground. Nowadays, mid-weekers are a right pain in the you-know-what to get to in time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here