Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Liverpool sell us Teixeira in the summer?

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
The likelehood of him getting in the Liverpool team is remote but I would think other clubs better placed than us will have noted him.

Agree, although maybe we could get him on a season long loan? I'm not normally a fan of loaning players but would certainly make an exception in this case.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
...and if so for how much?

Highly unlikely for 3 reasons:

1 Steven Gerrard reckons he's the next big thing and has predicted a fantastic future with Liverpool

2 He wouldn't want to come because he would be passing up the chance of playing in the Prem and would be earning about 3 times what we could afford even turning out for their reserves.

3 Probably cost at least £5m+

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Not a chance sadly. He seems to really enjoy it here and is hitting some great form of late. If we were to pull it off we'd be looking at a fee perhaps in the £1.5 million range? Liverpool bought him for £830,000 and will want to at least recoup that.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I agree it unlikely, but we'd be foolish not to try. He's been at Liverpool 3 years and not made it into their first team, so depending on how long his contract was with them they might be tempted by a bid in the region of £2million.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I should think he has a future at the top level. Maybe not next year and he may go on loan again but personally I think at somepoint he will play games for Liverpool. He will look great playing quicker football with more movement in front of him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably end up at Bournemouth, they invest in young stars

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If I was him I would resist a permanent move to a mediocre outfit like us with everything I had.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was thinking this yesterday, but coming to the same conclusions as above. His future is with a stronger side, and probably in the First Division. With lads of that age you have to pay for potential as much as the ability on show. The price tag, probably closer to the £5m shown above, would put him beyond us.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I was thinking of the exact same thing yesterday. Great player to have in the team. I'm sure it would be easily £1 million+ which may be a bit of stumbling block. Although the promise of first team football might persuade Teixiera to pressure Liverpool into making the deal happen.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Maybe we would have had a chance if we were at the other end of the table or actually promoted. Where we are now. No chance. Too many better options.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't think it's incredible. He's already 22 and has been at Liverpool for 3 seasons now. If they valued him so highly, they'd have had him in their squad of 25 for this year. Other than his loans at Brentford and for us, he has only played u21 football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here