Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enjoyed today,if only the defence was less leaky

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Well worth the trip down from Glasgae today. Entertaining game, we looked great when going forward and less than robust at the back.
Tex was sublime.

Dunk needs to wake up.His positioning for their first was comical, playing their guy a yard onside.

All in all though , no complaints.

Staying down for Tuesday and another three points.

Seagulls!!!!!!

TNBA

TTF

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I too really enjoyed the game, it seems more than 50% of shots on target end up in the back of our net at the Amex though. Hughton needs to address this failing.

Plenty of pluses yesterday and I was very encouraged by the all round commitment of the team. One of the best footballing days of the season. Roll on Tuesday against a team that have won five of their last six. Evening games against Leeds at the Amex have been thrilling.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I thought we looked very similar going forward to the Forest game, the difference being Birmingham were utterly shite. If we had a striker we could have been in double figures. Still enjoyed it though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most worrying was that 2 of Brums 3 goals came from players with their back to goal managing to turn and get a shot away. Not great defending for either.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Most worrying was that 2 of Brums 3 goals came from players with their back to goal managing to turn and get a shot away. Not great defending for either.
Very poor that, it was so predictable too, you could see what he was gearing up to do, boom corner of the net...... those around me all said that the Dunk/Greer combination appears weak when battling in the box,.....they do operate well in general play in terms of positioning, but get exposed in the box.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Our manager, assistant manager, and coach, were all defenders. They will sort it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very poor that, it was so predictable too, you could see what he was gearing up to do, boom corner of the net...... those around me all said that the Dunk/Greer combination appears weak when battling in the box,.....they do operate well in general play in terms of positioning, but get exposed in the box.

Guy in front of me was yelling at Greer for playing Donaldson on side for their first.
In fact it was Dunk.

He then went ballistic at Greer for allowing Thomas to turn for the second,
In fact it was Dunk.

He was apoplectic at Greer when Novak got their third.
The one where Dunk stood off and Ince was the wrong side.

Funny what people see.

Good enjoyable game to watch yesterday putting technicalities aside.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Our manager, assistant manager, and coach, were all defenders. They will sort it.

Early days but little evidence of that so far. The defence was just awful yesterday and needs transforming in the summer. 2 new full-backs and at least one, if not two, new centre-halves.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think an issue is that it is so erratic. Two clean sheets in away games before. I thought that it was Dunk that was found wanting in the main. We all know that Greer is on his last legs but Dunk needs to up his game or he will be on the way out. CH has shown in his selections that once he has made his mind up about you, you will be gone.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can we get Upson back on loan .. Well that's Ipswich 3-2 .. Forest 2-3 and now Brum 4-3 so as supporters we cannot complain about a lack of entertainment

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was not one of Dunks best games but we will excuse him one not so good game. For Tuesday I would replace Greer with Hughes as we are giving away too many silly goals at home and to avoid relegation that has to change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here