Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help! My friend has been stung by Vodaphone.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
My friend has European bundle cover on his phone contract but whilst in Andoria for a week has been charged £4 a minute call rate and a £1 a text, hence a £360 bill. I know it's probably in the minute print as its a principality but he really can't aford this!. No warning text or update!!! Any advice please?.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes, accept they screwed up, pay them and damn their impudence

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's not in the small print. Andorra is not a member of the EU, and is not included on VF's website which lists which countries are included in the Eurotraveller bundle. http://m.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/goingabroad/eurotraveller-countries/index.htm

Pleading ignorance and dumb stupidity might gain VF's sympathy, but I suspect that belligerence will encourage them to dig their heels in. The simple truth is that your friend didn't check whether Andorra is included in his package before he went; it isn't. Appeal to their good nature. Good luck with that...

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
A friend suffered the same fate, albeit not for quite so much.

His bill was £150 or so, but he couldn't afford it either.

He immediately cancelled his contract and they asked why,

He said he couldn't afford his bill, and they let him off 2/3rds "on this occasion"

Worth trying this.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
My friend has European bundle cover on his phone contract but whilst in Andoria for a week has been charged £4 a minute call rate and a £1 a text, hence a £360 bill. I know it's probably in the minute print as its a principality but he really can't aford this!. No warning text or update!!! Any advice please?.

Yup.
Don't enter into contracts with tax dodging cheats!

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Thanks! Was thinking the same if I'm honest he has been with them for years so maybe his loyal custom will help. I thought I heard somewhere they would text I if the bill was racking up or maybe it's data roaming? Personally I haven't been abroad for 15 years so not sure.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A friend suffered the same fate, albeit not for quite so much.

His bill was £150 or so, but he couldn't afford it either.

He immediately cancelled his contract and they asked why,

He said he couldn't afford his bill, and they let him off 2/3rds "on this occasion"

Worth trying this.

Presumably his contract had either expired or was about to? Shirley that wouldn't work if he was only 6 months into an 18 month contract?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Get your friend to insist that he has his holidays in Andover, so it must be technical hitch and the system thought that it was Andorra. If they fall for this, get him to ask for compo for the distress caused.:thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did he not get a Vodafone text message advising him of charges once he landed ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here