Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serie A giants Parma 'dissolved'

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Looking on Wikipedia (yes, the most unreliable source on the Internet) they advise

edit ignore just seen someone having a 'laugh' had edited the page.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
"The club have reportedly racked up a debt of €197 million and were forced to call off Sunday's game because they couldn't afford to pay stewards to attend the match "

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/serie-giants-parma-dissolved-amid-5207122

I wonder how many other clubs are carrying similar sized debts and are in danger of folding too?

I remember when Serie A had a spending boom and regularly breaking Wrold transfer fee records and were always around the sharp end of European competitions but in recent years spending seems to have slowed so have a lot of the clubs over there maxed out their finances and are now struggling?

La Liga and the Premier League have since had similar spending sprres and it must surely be a matter of time before more big clubs follow suit - The nearest we have had was Pompey in recent years but they were able to survive through administration - Do Serie A clubs have the same process or is it only found in the UK?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Parma stuffed then

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe they have over 100 players out on loan.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Ham sorry to hear that.

f_5a0520103b.jpg

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I wonder how many other clubs are carrying similar sized debts and are in danger of folding too?

I remember when Serie A had a spending boom and regularly breaking Wrold transfer fee records and were always around the sharp end of European competitions but in recent years spending seems to have slowed so have a lot of the clubs over there maxed out their finances and are now struggling?

La Liga and the Premier League have since had similar spending sprres and it must surely be a matter of time before more big clubs follow suit - The nearest we have had was Pompey in recent years but they were able to survive through administration - Do Serie A clubs have the same process or is it only found in the UK?

This all stems from Parmalat which was purely fraud - without that company Parma were nothing to start with. This has been coming for years especially as someone said the amount of players they held on the books

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
€197,000,000 in debt and only holding €29,700 in cash. WTF! Feels like the name of a new thread but how many NSC Users are actually richer than a Seria A team???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here