Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Fan arrested for racist chanting.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• B-YpGJoIAAA8cxJ.jpg
    B-YpGJoIAAA8cxJ.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 3,182

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
if you didnt see the smoke bomb, i assume you didnt see the penalty either, it was the same time

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't beat yourself up over missing the smoke bomb.

The fella in front of me missed 4 goals, the penalty save and the smoke bomb.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wasn't happy the ref didn't clear the smoke bomb before the penalty was taken, I said if we save this and breakaway the ref will stop us - and look what happened, the ref blew for half time to get himself out of the mess.

Still serves the twats right for throwing a smoke bomb to celebrate a penalty save.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wonder which of our, shall we say, throwback knuckle draggers, on this board it was? I have a few candidates it could have been.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Don't beat yourself up over missing the smoke bomb.

The fella in front of me missed 4 goals, the penalty save and the smoke bomb.

I've always imagined - well on 4 occasions each for 3-second spells - you to have a fascinating face, so I'd say it's mostly fair for the chap in front of you to stare longingly into your moustache and monocle rather than at our often dormant play for a few whiles. Maybe this shy loner is embarrassedly short-sighted, refusing to wear spectacles and give his secret away, having to understand the fluidity and eventfulness of the game with an examination of your emotive features and buoyancy of mane. Or he's a horrendous drunk.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've always imagined - well on 4 occasions each for 3-second spells - you to have a fascinating face, so I'd say it's mostly fair for the chap in front of you to stare longingly into your moustache and monocle rather than at our often dormant play for a few whiles. Maybe this shy loner is embarrassedly short-sighted, refusing to wear spectacles and give his secret away, having to understand the fluidity and eventfulness of the game with an examination of your emotive features and buoyancy of mane. Or he's a horrendous drunk.

AN horrendous drunk....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure if it was this but a bloke was arrested getting on the 5.38 to Brighton right in front of me. In fact two coppers went right through my 8 year old and all the bloke they arrested's mates to get to him. He certainly wasn't chanting racist abuse at that point though I totally accept he could have done almost anything before that point as the coppers looked like they were looking for someone specifically.

Nevertheless I've always told my son that policemen were there to protect him so I looked a bit of liar when these guys barged through him and I then couldn't answer what he'd done wrong.

At exactly the same spot v Arsenal there were a group of spotty youths singing "Brighton take it up the a**e" and "no noise from the batty boys". The OB were protecting them.

#DoubleStandards

I wasn't happy the ref didn't clear the smoke bomb before the penalty was taken, I said if we save this and breakaway the ref will stop us - and look what happened, the ref blew for half time to get himself out of the mess.

Still serves the twats right for throwing a smoke bomb to celebrate a penalty save.

I am pretty sure the smoke bomb was thrown well before the penalty was taken

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
#DoubleStandards

Not at all. It is standard for the fuzz to only wade in when they feel they can easily handle it. Hence one bloke who doesn't know it's coming will be converged upon whereas a gang of shites looking for trouble left alone. Or on another occasion I am still slightly bitter about one young chap taking a piss will be threatened with pepper spray while the participants of a massed street fight a couple of minutes down the road will be avoided.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am pretty sure the smoke bomb was thrown well before the penalty was taken

It was, what I said was the ref left it on the pitch instead of clearing it off before the penalty was taken, had the ref not blown for half time we would have attacked right after the save and the ref would have had to stop the game as the smoke bomb was in their penalty area. He blew the whistle as Tex was running down the wing with the ball directly after the save was cleared.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here