Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton delighted with win but says Albion made it hard work for themselves [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Boss Chris Hughton admitted he had mixed emotions after Albion overcame Birmingham 4-3 at the Amex.
Hughton was delighted with a vital win which eased the Seagulls three points clear of the Championship relegation zone.
The Albion manager was also pleased with the attacking threat shown by his side as Joao Teixeira and Inigo Calderon both scored twice.
But Hughton was disappointed at the manner in which the Seagulls let Birmingham back into the game having led 1-0, 3-1 and 4-2.
Hughton said: “I was delighted with the four goals as we have not generally been scoring that many.
“But as delighted as I am with that, I am frustrated with the goals we let in. We played really well in the second half and it was a game we should have made more comfortable for ourselves but we didn’t”
Hughton also underlined the importance of David Stockdale’s penalty save from Paul Caddis on the stroke of half-time when the score was 1-1.
Hughton said: “It was massively important. Over the course of the game I thought we were the better side and very much deserved to win.
“At a time when we have been speaking about a lack of goals to get four is very pleasing but it is a pivotal moment and they are the margins that can change games.
“I decided to come out second half with the same team and I thought we were very good second half but you go in at 2-1 down and there is a difference to going in at 1-1.
“Possibly I might have made changes at half-time. It's a big save, particularly at that stage just before half-time. It lifts the crowd as well, it boosts the team. They are the margins that can go against you but certainly went for us today.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here