Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's unsung hero

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Joe Bennett. Had an absolute stormer and everything he did seem to work and be neat and tidy.

Other mentions for Tex, Ince, Bruno 2nd half, Calde, Dunk, Stockdale apart from that awful parry, Kayal too.

Still don't think we've had a poor performance under Hughton at the Amex :)

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
When stockdale made that save & pushed back out into the box & they skied it over.

Bennett was totally at fault there. Skinned by his man who cut inside & was free to shoot.

Still one of his better games but I'd rather have bridge or ward

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stephens played some nice through balls when he came on. I enjoyed today

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kayal for me, he will be a massive player for us next season

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Bloody brilliant today. I wouldn't mind getting him in on a permanent transfer come the end of the season.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Played £5m Gray out of the game, and made some good attacking runs

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Joe Bennett. Had an absolute stormer and everything he did seem to work and be neat and tidy.

Other mentions for Tex, Ince, Bruno 2nd half, Calde, Dunk, Stockdale apart from that awful parry, Kayal too.

Agreed, apart from Dunk perhaps. Think he was at fault for their second allowing the turn and shot but need to see a replay. He did make several telling interceptions though - reads the game very well.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Bennett is growing on me and his decision making has improved since the beginning of the season - no taking players on in our half.

Special mention today for Baldock. Missed an early chance but then went on to lay on Calde's first, see his shot saved for Tex's second and then be generally intelligent on the ball in the last 10.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Interesting you should mention him...i said the same to the guy next to me and was wondering if he was keen to stick it against the Brummies given his Villa connection

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Agreed, apart from Dunk perhaps. Think he was at fault for their second allowing the turn and shot but need to see a replay. He did make several telling interceptions though - reads the game very well.

Thought he was largely responsible for their second and third tbh and therein lies the conundrum. For all the very good things he does he has one or two lapses every game where he falls asleep. Quality player if he ever learns to concentrate fully.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It's down the other end to me but it seemed there were 4 guilty defenders for the first one and 3 for the second - woeful defending. The striker has 2 options there - lay it off (and there was nobody to lay it off too) or try and turn. Our defenders all stood hoping to get a block in and just let him turn. At least 1 of them should have gone round the side to stop him from turning... Prob was Dunk and Greer on both of them - need to stop conceding these soft goals...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with the comments re Dunk but he also made some cracking strong interceptions too. But yes thinking about it there were some poor errors for their goals.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Baldock was the unsung hero for me. He seemed to look hungrier and sharper today. He won headers and wanted the ball. Got a bit of luck too , everything seemed to drop for him. Only downside was a couple of shots he had ended up in row z , but couldn't fault his work ethic today. Was reminiscent of Barnes!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thought Dunk was at fault for first goal. 5 yards behind everyone else which played their scorer onside.

This. While it's far more fashionable to slate Greer, Dunk had a shocker today. No idea what he was thinking on the first goal - must have switched off completely. Shame because he's been a very good player for most of the season but it's looked occasionally like the pressure/tiredness has taken its toll.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This. While it's far more fashionable to slate Greer, Dunk had a shocker today. No idea what he was thinking on the first goal - must have switched off completely. Shame because he's been a very good player for most of the season but it's looked occasionally like the pressure/tiredness has taken its toll.

Having just seen the highlights you're def correct - all defenders know they should be running up in that situation and he just stood there. I thought he won almost every tackle or 50/50 today though so thought he played well overall - accept I'm in a minority by the looks of it tho!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Baldock was the unsung hero for me. He seemed to look hungrier and sharper today. He won headers and wanted the ball. Got a bit of luck too , everything seemed to drop for him. Only downside was a couple of shots he had ended up in row z , but couldn't fault his work ethic today. Was reminiscent of Barnes!

I agree Baldock had a very good game

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Having just seen the highlights you're def correct - all defenders know they should be running up in that situation and he just stood there. I thought he won almost every tackle or 50/50 today though so thought he played well overall - accept I'm in a minority by the looks of it tho!

I also think Ince was not at his best watch the highlights he is out of position being out paced for each of their goals apart from the last where his position is correct just out foxed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here