Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady. Sorry folks. Fat fingers.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why the hell did we bother keeping him if we're not going to play him. Best and CMS were woeful today and we were crying out for O'Grady's physical presence up front. I know we won but it was hardly comfortable.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Could a mod please change the title to read O' Grady. Sorry folks. Fat fingers.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
You want to change the thread title to "fat fingers"?. I agree though. Felt he should have started ahead of Best, then couldn't believe it when CMS replaced him.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe down to money. If best doesn't play then we pay his full wages. He's dog shit and should be sent back. O'Grady found his form at Fulham under Jones then at Brentford then gets dropped for some journeyman.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Related (Nephew is my guess) ... the only logical answer

Thank f**k our midfielders had a field day, no thanks to that useless fekker

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm a bit bemused what O'Grady did wrong.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that COG should have started and Best is poor but having said that I thought CMS looked quite sharp when he came on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My suspicion is a deal has already been brokered with Sheffield United and O'Grady is only here to make up the numbers until the end of the season. Sheffield United will then be able to brag about bringing him home to Yorkshire and The Albion gets a transfer fee greater than what we originally paid out.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
O grady scores v arsenal& then can't get a game.

I thought he was the man to replace best. So he could hold it up & bring others into the game when we were under pressure at 3-1 up. But no. Cms to his best but lose it on his own was preferred

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
yep CH obviously was feeling cocky at 3-1 and bought stephens on for match fitness - bad idea. kayak is far better player.

Kayal was great but that's harsh on Stephens. Was very good prior to his injury and is still getting back to full match fitness.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
it was crying out for COG. Best was awful and we have all seen what CMS can do, not much. Does houghton have a problem with COG? To be honest birmingham were poor and we fell over the line. In his post match musings he said if the penalty went in kaz was on, so why not do it anyway? His negativity nearly cost us today. Is this the man to take us to the premiership? No chance.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Kayal was great but that's harsh on Stephens. Was very good prior to his injury and is still getting back to full match fitness.

Having seen kayal play for 60 mins v Stephens for 600 I am already of the opinion that stephens is not of the same class as kayal

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Best's hold up play was ok, shooting was poor. I prefer COG but neither are great shakes.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
COG must feel pretty hard done by, he gets dropped for no apparent reason, after looking very good against Ipswich and scoring against arsenal. Yet Best gets the nod over him even though he's been woeful every time he plays.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here