Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ledesma cool on comparison to Argentinian sensation Ulloa [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Emmanuel Ledesma has cast aside thoughts of emulating his pal Leo Ulloa by becoming Albion’s latest Argentinian sensation.
The right-winger is concentrating instead on the Seagulls’ plight at the wrong end of the Championship and the possibility of his debut against Birmingham at the Amex today.
Ledesma’s fellow countrymen Federico Turienzo, Cristian Baz and Agustin Battipiedi failed to make an impact with Albion.

The same could not be said of Gus Poyet’s No. 2 Mauricio Taricco but it was free-scoring target man Ulloa who changed the pattern spectacularly with his form for the club, which earned him an £8 million summer move to Leicester.
Ledesma, borrowed from Middlesbrough for a month, told The Argus: “I know him, he is a really good player and man. He is my friend.
“I don’t think about that (impact), I think about the position in the league, the game against Birmingham which is the next step.”
Albion have signed Ledesma primarily to help boost the goal tally.
The Argentinian right-winger, sent-off for a two-footed tackle on Adam El-Abd playing against the Seagulls during his time at Walsall, is also ready to roll his sleeves up in the relegation scrap.
Ledesma, loaned out to one of Albion’s fellow strugglers Rotherham in November and December, has already discussed the club’s changed circumstances with Inigo Calderon, who he befriended during an unsuccessful trial four years ago.
“I have spoken about that situation with Calderon,” Ledesma said. “A couple of months or maybe a year ago I saw Brighton play really good football – pass, pass, pass – and now everyone is just trying to win the game because they are in a bad place in the table.
“I went to Rotherham, got my confidence there and enjoyed every game.
“Some people think my best position is behind the striker but I prefer to play on the right-wing, because you can go in to shoot, to cross, to pass to the striker. It’s my favourite position – I feel good there.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here