Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The lull before the storm?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ahead of what are very significant games it all feels oh-so-quiet in quite a strange way.

Is it confidence that we'll be OK?

Maybe it's fear that we're teetering on the edge.

Or perhaps it shock that we are where we are?

Whatever it is, it's all quite peculiar...

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
General malaise I fear.

Still feel, like most, that we probably will just about avoid relegation. And that's about it.

But I must admit that feeling is going to start giving way to some very serious concerns if we don't get start picking things up a little.

Today is a BIG game and if we're beaten, again, at home, I'm not going to be impressed and this feeling that we'll probably be just about ok may very well be out the door as I instead start planning trips to Scunthorpe and Gillingham

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think everything to be said has been, twice. Transfer activity not good enough, ticket prices off-puttingly high for many, lack of goals and genuine excitement.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Ahead of what are very significant games it all feels oh-so-quiet in quite a strange way.

Is it confidence that we'll be OK?

Maybe it's fear that we're teetering on the edge.

Or perhaps it shock that we are where we are?

Whatever it is, it's all quite peculiar...

For me while I will be there today I really have no belief that we will get a positive result. Can't remember the last time I felt so apathetic about the club and have been going since 1974.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we pick up 6 points in 72 hours, to Millwall's none, now will be the lull before the lull before the wobble before the lull.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I wonder what the crowd would be today if there were no season tickets, with matchday tickets at £30+ ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apathy and acceptance until later today when all hell will break loose in finger pointing or tongue in cheek talk of whether we can still make the playoffs.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I go along with my son, who is seven. He generally does not come to evening games, because of his age. This means he has not seen us win since august. I am surprised that he has maintained an interest, but he has. It would be goo if the team can give him something to cheer today.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
For me while I will be there today I really have no belief that we will get a positive result. Can't remember the last time I felt so apathetic about the club and have been going since 1974.

Have been going since the same year.

Although a little nervous I think it's far too early to be resigned to a doom laden scenario.

Personally I just wish the football would be more 'exciting'. Whether that be more goals or less defeats (at home)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I am supremely confident of the result.

Were loose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here