Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parachute Payments to be cut to 3 seasons from 4

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
New TV deal announced for Championship clubs - Includes this:

Under the agreement, parachute payments to relegated Premier League clubs will be reduced from the current four season to three seasons, with Championship clubs (that are not in receipt of parachute payments) being awarded a solidarity payment equivalent to 30% of a third-year parachute payment. League 1 and League 2 clubs will receive 4.5% and 3% of a third-year payment, respectively.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ts-extension-2284153.aspx#ADIC4ctX6OJplrfX.99

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
New TV deal announced for Championship clubs - Includes this:

Under the agreement, parachute payments to relegated Premier League clubs will be reduced from the current four season to three seasons, with Championship clubs (that are not in receipt of parachute payments) being awarded a solidarity payment equivalent to 30% of a third-year parachute payment. League 1 and League 2 clubs will receive 4.5% and 3% of a third-year payment, respectively.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ts-extension-2284153.aspx#ADIC4ctX6OJplrfX.99

token

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
How much is a 'third year parachute payment'...?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I take it that's 30% of a third year payment split between ALL championship clubs without a parachute payment and not 30% for each club?

Having re-read the full article I think it's 30% per club.

It shows the further peril of relegation - 30% to 4.5% - ouch.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I take it that's 30% of a third year payment split between ALL championship clubs without a parachute payment and not 30% for each club?

They are suggesting that total payments to clubs in the football League (excluding those relegated from the Premier League) could be around 100 million pounds, so I am assuming on that basis it will be 30% for each Championship team.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There should be no need whatsoever for parachute payments at all under this new deal. 100m just for fielding a team in every game - what a joke.

But what happens when the little darlings fall into the horrid wasteland that is The Championship?!?!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
But what happens when the little darlings fall into the horrid wasteland that is The Championship?!?!

They suddenly realise that there is something to play for....instead of 16-18 teams just turning up to make up the numbers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This appears to be some hike in Championship money. I wonder how this will affect Championship clubs relegated to L1?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here