Free Travel Season Ticket

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep. Def HH

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
That's frustrating - its only 11 mins further on the same line. £3.30 with rail card so not much expense - but only an extra 80p for the whole journey from Brighton. Good old national rail.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That's frustrating - its only 11 mins further on the same line. £3.30 with rail card so not much expense - but only an extra 80p for the whole journey from Brighton. Good old national rail.

Frustrating ??? It goes as far as Lewes eastbound (or Seaford), favours massively those coming from the west or north

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Frustrating ??? It goes as far as Lewes eastbound (or Seaford), favours massively those coming from the west or north

Frustrating in the sense that the cut off is fairly close to my desired stop........ Its just one of those things.

Anyone know if Gatwick has ticket barriers - could be worth chancing it if not!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Frustrating in the sense that the cut off is fairly close to my desired stop........ Its just one of those things.

Anyone know if Gatwick has ticket barriers - could be worth chancing it if not!

There are ticket barriers which are normally staffed

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
So a different question - has anyone successfully 'winged' it past barriers at Gatwick using a season ticket?! Haha..

They tend to be the least sympathetic people on the planet - so I dont rate my chances on this one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Oh well

BHAFC already subsidise a shitload of train journeys that don't really need subsidising as they're only doubling up on huge numbers of journeys already covered by commuters railway STs. Sooner they scrap or seriously fine-tune the travel subsidy the better. IMHO, like. What other leisure activity on the planet is daft enough to subsidise your travel costs?

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Oh well

BHAFC already subsidise a shitload of train journeys that don't really need subsidising as they're only doubling up on huge numbers of journeys already covered by commuters railway STs. Sooner they scrap or seriously fine-tune the travel subsidy the better. IMHO, like. What other leisure activity on the planet is daft enough to subsidise your travel costs?

Little bit controversial since you travel from Preston Park (assumption)... I've got friends who travel to the Amex via the subsidised travel that simply couldn't afford the travel on top. I think its good to see a leisurely activity compensate for fans in such a way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
northernseagull;6822601[B said:
]Little bit controversial since you travel from Preston Park (assumption).[/B].. I've got friends who travel to the Amex via the subsidised travel that simply couldn't afford the travel on top. I think its good to see a leisurely activity compensate for fans in such a way.

Just a little bit. I spent ten years at Withdean paying for a totally needless travel subsidy surcharge on my ticket that I rarely used on account of living 15 minutes walk from the ground.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So a different question - has anyone successfully 'winged' it past barriers at Gatwick using a season ticket?! Haha..

They tend to be the least sympathetic people on the planet - so I dont rate my chances on this one.

Especially as there are plenty of railway employees on here now , who will now be looking for such tickets tomorrow and licking their lips at issuing penalty fares

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Just give me the nod and I will set up a Just Giving web page for you and anything raised over the £3.30 you need can go to others in a similar situation.:thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh well

What are the details of the deal between the club and the railway then ? I bet they are paying nothing like full fares, recognising that not all use it anyway, some already have a rail ST etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here