Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
MI0001878519.jpg

Still wonderful 31 years later

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Worst example of some of the most miserable, drab, slit your wrist, 'right-on', anti-everything music I have ever had the misfortune to listen to,........ sorry, did that sound a little over the top?......... it wasn't meant to.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I haven't played this album for a while now. I prefer Hatful of Hollow, but I think that this is a bit like Alan Partridge saying that the best Beatles album is Best Of The Beatles. Quite a gloomy listen in parts, although I was a little obsessed with Reel Around The Fountain at the time (with Paul Carrack on piano). Some moments of pure joy. Ah, Hand In Glove....

Jan 30, 2008
I haven't played this album for a while now. I prefer Hatful of Hollow, but I think that this is a bit like Alan Partridge saying that the best Beatles album is Best Of The Beatles. Quite a gloomy listen in parts, although I was a little obsessed with Reel Around The Fountain at the time (with Paul Carrack on piano). Some moments of pure joy. Ah, Hand In Glove....
heaven knows I'm miserable now:facepalm:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
the sun shines out from our behind :clap:
regards
DR

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

No, I agree with you. I really love Hatful of Hollow, even though it's not a 'proper' album. In fact, when I saw this thread it made me put it on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Worst example of some of the most miserable, drab, slit your wrist, 'right-on', anti-everything music I have ever had the misfortune to listen to,........ sorry, did that sound a little over the top?......... it wasn't meant to.

Couldn't agree more wholeheartedly .... shouldn't have even been called music. And as for Morrisey !!!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Which means you've never listened to the lyrics.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Couldn't agree more wholeheartedly .... shouldn't have even been called music. And as for Morrisey !!!

You can spot Kajagoogoo fans a mile off....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Have just started reading the Morrissey autobiography and am already 50 pages in. There are no chapters, no Introduction, just straight in. He is remarkably literate and so far it is fascinating read. A truly great band, as a 15 year old the album and the music took me into adulthood, so has a special place.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Which means you've never listened to the lyrics.
Anybody who can stand the droning, out of tune vocals long enough to interpret the ramblings of that 'northern' dullard, deserves a pat on the back for stoicism in the face of extreme audio torture.

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Have just started reading the Morrissey autobiography and am already 50 pages in. There are no chapters, no Introduction, just straight in. He is remarkably literate and so far it is fascinating read. A truly great band, as a 15 year old the album and the music took me into adulthood, so has a special place.

I have read it twice - it is a very good read and he writes very well. It caused a stir in the publishing world as he insisted that it was published straight away on the Penguin Classics imprint, which put a lot of noses out of joint.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have read it twice - it is a very good read and he writes very well. It caused a stir in the publishing world as he insisted that it was published straight away on the Penguin Classics imprint, which put a lot of noses out of joint.

Although that is undoubtably arrogant of him it will still go down as a classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here