Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

just noticed this

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
most of the teams we might catch in the next two matches are playing away
Hmmmmmm! means we really must have a go at winning both of those matches 433 ......................yes?:thumbsup:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Wel try 424 if that not working wel change to a 226 at half tjime

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Whatever we want or reckon would be a good attacking system, Hughton has a reputation for being defensive and at the bottom of the league I expect him to go 451 the rest of the season. Very difficult to score against and nick the odd goal. Not very exciting. Let's hope it works.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whatever we want or reckon would be a good attacking system, Hughton has a reputation for being defensive and at the bottom of the league I expect him to go 451 the rest of the season. Very difficult to score against and nick the odd goal. Not very exciting. Let's hope it works.
4-5-1 away.
4-2-3-1 home.

CH can't afford to be cagey for the rest of the season, not conceding away and winning at home will be the way forward.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As much as David Pleat has his critics, I do like what he has to say and on the way back from Sheffield I was listening to Palarse v Liverpool and picked up the main commentator when he was asked 'what formation blah blah'.
He said if the eleven men out there, all of whom have a job to do, do not perform it well, then 1-4-5 or 2-2-2-2-2 or whatever, it all means nowt. I kind of agree.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
As much as David Pleat has his critics, I do like what he has to say and on the way back from Sheffield I was listening to Palarse v Liverpool and picked up the main commentator when he was asked 'what formation blah blah'.
He said if the eleven men out there, all of whom have a job to do, do not perform it well, then 1-4-5 or 2-2-2-2-2 or whatever, it all means nowt. I kind of agree.

So in that case 11 defenders makes no difference to 442 or 433? Think that is a little nieve.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
So in that case 11 defenders makes no difference to 442 or 433? Think that is a little nieve.

The point being I think that people get a little hung up about formations. Obviously a basic, sensible set-up is required but eventually it still requires players to perform. At the moment our players could be managed by whoever and play whatever, they are simply not good enough as a team.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

I'm not sure why, but 2-2-2-2-2 just makes me think of the team in a rectangle all moving exactly in unison as if attached to each other with big sticks.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
I'm not sure why, but 2-2-2-2-2 just makes me think of the team in a rectangle all moving exactly in unison as if attached to each other with big sticks.

Or my favourite formation! 9 players in circle, one man in the middle with the ball. When you reach the goal open formation and the player in the middle shoots. It's called them Roman Attack formation:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here