Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone see the barmy lesbian letter in the "Argus" yesterday..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A woman called "Kristy Lewis" wrote an amazing whinge about lesbians in the letters column in the "Argus" on Wednesday. What planet is she on?

Yes I know, the one beyond Saturn...

Seriously I'm not surprised it was an "address supplied".

Can we please have some "homophobic equality" (her words) chanting from now on?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Any chance of somehow sharing the letter (or a link to it) on here? Pretty hard to comment otherwise!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Any chance of somehow sharing the letter (or a link to it) on here? Pretty hard to comment otherwise!

It starts out:

"Lesbians are being left behind in the homophoblc equality Through this whole homophobic equality discussion and debate it has become sexist".

And goes down (ho-ho) from there..

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I love lesbians. Im not sure where she's getting her line of thought from, because most men love lesbians, and lots of women secretly want to be one.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Modern feminists often tend to make issues where there aren't any. I often get the impression they are simply misandrists.

This one's just an idiot, you will find 10 year olds that could have written that out in better english.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Judging by the standard of the writing, I wouldn't be surprised if its another 'hilarious' HB&B alter ego like Paul Valley.

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
whats next racism in homophobia?

Homophobia does need to be stamped out as a whole. I do feel that gay men get the brunt of the abuse so maybe thats why the media report more on it

the Definition of homosexual is Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.

so when we battle homophobia this includes men and women

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Lesbians are not a firm entity...they are as individual as anyone else, some I've met are funny, witty, friendly.....but I've also met a couple of obvious men haters - so its never wise to generalise.

I reckon Ms Lewis was just having one of those days......you know the sort - you tap your pipe against the heel of your stout brogues, and the stem breaks.:hilton:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Modern feminists often tend to make issues where there aren't any. I often get the impression they are simply misandrists.

Quite right, here in Lincoln, there was a complaint about the number of males on International Relations program, the IR program is the smallest of all departments, let alone the Social and Political Sciences. Despite half of the lecturers being women, the feminists from the 'Women's liberation' group complained.

We aren't quite sure what they expect us to do, there's more women on the politics course than the international relations course but that's because politics is a bit more mainstream.

They also labelled a female student anti-woman because she disagreed with banning things like page 3, because of freedom of choice.

The reality is modern feminism isn't about advancing women's rights, more to bring men's rights down to the same level. Appalling inferences and screamining mysgonist at anyone who disagrees is the modern feminist approach. It is also increasingly a central-leftist approach, I have noticed a lot more people who describe themself as a leftist scream racist at anyone who disagrees about the impact of post colonialism on modern corruption in Africa (A very specific topic, I know. Relevant to my area of research, as I dispute the idea colonialism allowed for corruption as opposed to greed).

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Lesbians are not a firm entity...they are as individual as anyone else, some I've met are funny, witty, friendly.....but I've also met a couple of obvious men haters - so its never wise to generalise.

I have never understood this, if Lesbians hate men so much, why do some of them want to dress/look like us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here