Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Shares' Sidebar

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've noticed when browsing threads this morning that there seems to be an automatic 'shares' sidebar on the left hand side, which has links to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others. Now, there is also an option to make it disappear, but then it re-appears every time you move to a new page and you have to manually close it again.

Is there a way of getting rid of it entirely?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like many things - I'm just trying it out. If it doesn't work or overly annoys then I'll take it away again.

Experience suggests that the smallest of changes is met with "I hate it, I need to have what I had before" within the first few hours.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Like many things - I'm just trying it out. If it doesn't work or overly annoys then I'll take it away again.

Experience suggests that the smallest of changes is met with "I hate it, I need to have what I had before" within the first few hours.

It's far too intrusive - covers part of the user information and part of the quick reply box if you try to use that.

It's not just a case of hating it for me, it's case of it having absolutely no use for me yet not being able to remove it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've made them bigger now, just to please people.

:lolol:

...I don't usually make a fuss about changes and give them a chance, but this one is pretty annoying.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They're of no use to me, but they may well be to others. At their current, smaller, size I don't find them intrusive on either a laptop or my phone :shrug:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
free-service.png

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think it's the fact that it stays in the same place on the screen which annoys me, it's like when a fly lands on your TV and you can't help but notice it in the corner of your eye. I just want to SWAT it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here