Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy 2015

Jul 7, 2003
No, not another thread on our mis-firing strikeforce but a companion thread to the Live Music and Theatre threads.

Comedy is something which always divides opinion so this thread is not meant to degenerate into a who is crap / who is wonderful debate but to share information about upcoming gigs and provide reviews.

There is always lots of comedy around the county with Brighton hosting both the arena acts and the smaller clubs but also plenty going in at places like the De La Warr in Bexhill, Hawth in Crawley, Lewes Con Club and at the Worthing theatres to name but a few.

As someone who can be spotted in the Simon Evans Live DVD, this year I will be trying to get a nice mix of new and established acts. I already have tickets for Alan Carr, Alan Davies and Ed Byrne this year and really hope that Rhod Gilbert will make a return to the stage this year. I'm also looking forward to the Edinburgh Previews at The Caroline of Brunswick and The Old Market this year as there is always something different to see there.

What other comedians have people booked to see of already seen this year?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Stewart Lee. Not interested in many others.

And just the mention of his name means your plea for the thread not to descend into bitching and sniping will likely fall on deaf ears!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As per another thread, I'll be seeing Weird Al Yankovic in London on the 4th of October.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
The New Rope String Band – This lot did a unique show when they came to Worthing in 2013 – catch 'em 9 April at the Connaught Studio on their farewell tour: you won't regret it
http://www.artistsandmakers.com/article.php/20150217112339690

new-rope-string-band-300pix.gif

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Have got lined up in the next few months

Dylan Moran
Stewart Lee
Count Arthur Strong
Tim Vine

Tempted by James Acaster in Worthing this Friday, but haven't got tickets yet

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Stewart Lee
Dylan Moran
Ariel Pink

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Very excited to see Brendon Burns again, for less than £9, in a small venue in Brighton. Always an interesting and thought provoking show from him. Apparently he's pissed off with the 'comedy circuit' both comics and punters so could be fun! Also excited to see Stewart Lee.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Paul Merton
Just bought a couple of the last restricted views for Count Arthur Strong at Theatre Royal.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Have got lined up in the next few months

Dylan Moran
Stewart Lee
Count Arthur Strong
Tim Vine

Tempted by James Acaster in Worthing this Friday, but haven't got tickets yet

Good choices. Acaster's now sold out, mind :)

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Good thread.

I've just booked my hotel for a week at the Edinburgh Festival in August, so will see plenty of shows up there. So far, i've booked to see Alun Cochrane, Josie Long, Dara O'Briain and Ray Peacock in the next couple of months. I also saw Phoenix Nights in Manchester a couple of weeks ago....

Albion Pearl Jammer

Jan 4, 2015
Eastbourne
Dara Ó Briain

Kevin Bridges

Jimmy Carr

All at the Congress Theatre Eastbourne. I have never seen Dara or KB but we go and see Jimmy every year.

Hoping also to catch Simon Evans and Stewart Lee....anyone know if theres going to be another Comedy Vehicle?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm going to the Komedia on Friday and the following will be there - Mike Gunn, Gareth Richards & Damian Clark

I haven't heard of any of them!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I'm going to the Komedia on Friday and the following will be there - Mike Gunn, Gareth Richards & Damian Clark

I haven't heard of any of them!

Saw Mike Gunn supporting Lee Mack at the Brighton Centre last year, he was sort of OK, some good bits, some not so. Very good gag about a wedding dress (won't give it away in case he's still using it)

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Can someone help me? I went to the komedia this time last year and the last act was a youngish small cockney bloke who had a bit of a mod look about him ..... Fred Perry polo on etc. Can't remember his name and didn't recognise him but he was hilarious . Would like to see him again . Any ideas?

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
You must share the same humour as me, great selection I LOVE Richard Herring podcasts.

I'm just working through the back catalogue of Collings and Herrin. Big fan of his podcasts as well, although I draw the line at the snooker one!

Worthing has some surprisingly decent comedians playing there, last time I looked. Will have to go and see some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here