Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

major dilemna

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont know about TB and his millions I have a major problem. Toaster has packed up do 1 buy a cheapie with 1 years guarantee then throw it away when it packs up and buy another or spend double the money for a better one. It is only used to toast bread. What problems we have !

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Sounds like the club's dilemma. Do they buy yet another cheap striker and give him away when he can't score, or do they spend more money and actually get one who can score goals?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I just use the grill portion of my oven to make toast and don't bother with a toaster.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Serious answer. My toaster broke and bought a mid priced new one. Takes twice as long to toast though. Go into Currys with a loaf of bread and test them all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't you borrow one, you can give it back if it doesn't do the job. Sorted.....and cheap

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I just use the grill portion of my oven to make toast and don't bother with a toaster.

That's madness! There is NO WAY that you don't forget, you must burn at least half of your toast.

Don't deny it. I won't believe you.

As for BG's question - a cheapie from ASDA (or wherever) will last for a few years in my experience - we've had the same cheap toaster for about a decade now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was posted in a light hearted manner to take away the thoughts of relegation etc and the teams performance but think I will settle for a cheapie Asda one tomorrow and if needed throw it away in a year and buy another. We bought an Asda £5 one a few years back for the campervan and it never let us down.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I dont know about TB and his millions I have a major problem. Toaster has packed up do 1 buy a cheapie with 1 years guarantee then throw it away when it packs up and buy another or spend double the money for a better one. It is only used to toast bread. What problems we have !

As for BG's question - a cheapie from ASDA (or wherever) will last for a few years in my experience - we've had the same cheap toaster for about a decade now.

recomendation from Chez Jim, DO NOT buy the cheapie Tesco toaster (circa £10) the toaster opening is slightly too small for the bread that we buy (Hovis Grannary). Every piece of bread either goes in bent, coming out burnt in the middle one side and under cooked the other or we have to cut in half thus doubling cooking time and electricity.

if only I could turn back time I would have saved that tenner.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
recomendation from Chez Jim, DO NOT buy the cheapie Tesco toaster (circa £10) the toaster opening is slightly too small for the bread that we buy (Hovis Grannary). Every piece of bread either goes in bent, coming out burnt in the middle one side and under cooked the other or we have to cut in half thus doubling cooking time and electricity.

if only I could turn back time I would have saved that tenner.

That was wifes concern as we both like a slice of uncut Farmhouse bread which is slightly larger than the average cut bread.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Never buy expensive stainless steel kettles. Because they do stain and that is annoying . Buy cheap kettles from The Range.
Also do not bite the end of any Argos pens in their shops.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Our Dualit celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2011.

I had a dualit but the elements went. Being a dualit they were replacable which would have been the green option, but for the same money as them could get two lesser toasters.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Never buy expensive stainless steel kettles. Because they do stain and that is annoying . Buy cheap kettles from The Range.
Also do not bite the end of any Argos pens in their shops.

I have just gone the stove top kettle route. No heating element to go wrong and boils super quick on the induction hob, though I do have a cheap white electric kettle for when the hob goes.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Some kitchen appliances you need to pay for, but definately go cheap for toasters. An Asda £15-£20 one will last you as long as a more expensive model and does exactly what it says on the box.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Is there a toaster capable of toasting tea cakes, crumpets or hot cross buns? Getting cocerned for Mrs Ali fishing around in our present toaster with a metal knife trying to get our toasted goodies out!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here