Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

virus on here?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was up working around 3am and had the same spammy Private Message so I insta-banned the culprit immediately.

We individually vet each and every new member manually to minimise the chances of spam, which is why NSC has very, very little compared to most forums. Occasionally one sneaks in. I'll see if I can find some sort of modification that will limit what a new member can do with PMs. It's tricky because we wouldn't want to stop a new member using PMs completely because often I'll get contacted by someone who has just joined who has a problem they need resolving.

The PM was very obviously spam, so I would hope anyone who received it just clicked 'delete'.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He's been perma banned. Could I suggest that folk just delete any PM they have from this spammer and don't open any link in the PM.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we all got it.

Anyone click on the link?

I didn't open it, I'm always suspicious of any email/ pm that arrives in the middle of the night. That's when the spammers usually work.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He's been perma banned. Could I suggest that folk just delete any PM they have from this spammer and don't open any link in the PM.

Thanks for prompt action.
What an idiot. Had appeared genuine enough up to this point :shrug:

(For any other computer illiterates like me.....).......Took me a minute to find the delete function under selected messages at the bottom of the page :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for prompt action.
What an idiot. Had appeared genuine enough up to this point :shrug:

(For any other computer illiterates like me.....).......Took me a minute to find the delete function under selected messages at the bottom of the page :lolol:

As above, [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] wasn't prompt at all, by virtue of being asleep at 3am.

You just can't get the staff these days...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As above, @Goldstone1976 wasn't prompt at all, by virtue of being asleep at 3am.

You just can't get the staff these days...

Yeah - seems so! I just banned him from his profile and saw, satisfyingly, that his status then read "banned". "Job done", I thought. However, if I'd read his status before banning him, I would have seen that he had already been banned! Oh well - can't be too careful with these spamming types; two bans are better than one, and all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here