Did anyone else watch this focused on Peter Shilton

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
yes, i thought it was very good

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Yeah thought it was very good. These sports life stories are a really good watch and this was a good start to the series.

I know they have Andy Cole, Paula Radcliffe, John Barnes and Carl Froch on this series but not sure on the others.

Surprised ITV don't push this more on the main channel. Would of thought it would do really well on a Friday night slot maybe.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I really enjoyed watching it but I also felt quite sad watching the footage from inside the England squad in 90. There is no doubt about football has changed for the worse since those days.

This programme and a previous programme on Bobby Robson highlighted a true bond and friendship between the players where they were accessible and enjoyed each other's company. I can only imagine today's players spending most of their time locked in their rooms to Twitter and X Box and constant bitching about who's got the most expensive car or the best designer wardrobe.

Reading the season ticket renewal thread a lot of people have posted around falling out of love with modern football which has become a business with no thought to the supporter, as TV contracts are the main source of income.

Going back to the programme it's well worth a watch on catch up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here