Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway wants more respect for Millwall fans

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Perhaps he should be talking to his own fans about their need to earn some respect. Sitting in the South-west corner near the away fans, they are by far the worst in my view.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe he should look at the history of that fixture, to see why it is so rigoursly policed?
Respect is a two way street.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A bit of a non-story this. Holloway has ALWAYS played to his own gallery to make himself appear one of the people down the years. Sometimes it is not misplaced, but it's absolutely ideal at a club like the spanners.

When his Millwall team loses meekly, his post match interview is pretty much done for him - "I won't tolerate a lack of effort from my players, especially at this football club. Working class salt-of-the-earth supporters blah blah pays their money blah just want to see a bit of effort blah blah drone"

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Denn ayt meiner letzen reise nach der AMEX zeigten sie mir und meinen Begleitern keinen respekt uberhaupt.

Is the conversation I overhead after our recent match against Millwall.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He sort of has a point but is missing it. I know a non violent Millwall fan who gets so incredibly frustrated at the hoops they have to jump through for away games. The thing is, this away match policy was imposed for a reason. If they want that policy rescinded, they have to earn it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He sort of has a point but is missing it. I know a non violent Millwall fan who gets so incredibly frustrated at the hoops they have to jump through for away games. The thing is, this away match policy was imposed for a reason. If they want that policy rescinded, they have to earn it.

Punching a female steward at the Amex after the game on the railway bridge slopes and running away does a lot to help that cause

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There may well be perfectly behaved Millwall fans, but until they deal with the significant number of trouble makers I don't see the attitude changing. If Millwall really wanted to sort their problem out, then they could. They don't, so as a result I can't really respect the club or by extension the fan base as a whole.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Millwall fans love their reputation but it comes at a price. They are a small club but probably have the same number of neds following them as clubs four times their size.

There has obviously been history between them and Dirty Leeds. I would have though restricting ticket sales to ST holders, and one per person with a maximum of 1000 would have been restrictions enough. If the police can't police 1000 fans then they are not doing their job.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There may well be perfectly behaved Millwall fans, but until they deal with the significant number of trouble makers I don't see the attitude changing. If Millwall really wanted to sort their problem out, then they could. They don't, so as a result I can't really respect the club or by extension the fan base as a whole.

I don't think that's particularly fair on that club. I remember [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION] once remarking that "Millwall are a family club, just not the sort of family you'd want to be next door to". Proper funny comment that is also absolutely spot on. There aren't many clubs as truly community minded as Millwall have been down the years. I genuinely believe they've done more than most to engage their local community in the football club

The problem is, Millwall really are different - they really are the only truly inner-city club in the country. And there are some utterly mindless people in their support, which is made up of a completely different demographic from pretty much every other club these days with hardly any women or older people. It really was quite odd to see 200 fairly scary Grant Mitchell lookalikes at the Amex (out of a support of 1400) actively looking for trouble after the game a couple of years ago. And behind them, another 400 absolute tramp-like scrotes following them, all trying to look hard, gobbing at kids, shoving people out the way, safe in the knowledge that if anyone gave them a richly deserved slap, they'd just shout "Miiiiiii" and the 300 nutters at the front would turn round and help them out, and you'd have a riot on your hands.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

Punching a female steward at the Amex after the game on the railway bridge slopes and running away does a lot to help that cause

Is that fact or fiction?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

What did they really do apart from being restrained by some blue netting?

A bunch of tarts, with blue net phobia

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is that fact or fiction?

Can't comment on the female steward, but I've seen enough facts to say it's true.

To [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]s point, which is very well put, I'm sure it's still possible for the inner city working classes - and I'll bet there's a few in there that have long since moved out to Kent - to behave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here