Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the Premiership dream achievable !!!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
32 years is a long time to have not been in top league....Moving to Amex for start of 2011 season gave everyone a boost...However getting close is not good enough.we should have made it by now...We need to halt our decline...the playing squad is a shadow of two seasons ago...I for one applaud the Bloom family who have put a huge amount of time and money into the club....But what can be done now.....Takeover by Trillionaire ?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, it is achievable, but the longer it takes from this season, the harder it will become. I do wonder if the 2012-13 season is the closest we'll come but who knows?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Of course it's achievable. We just need a new keeper, centre half, left back, probably a right back. Some width, a bit of creativity in the middle and a goalscorer( basically everything we have sold in the last 12 mths)..All in all about £12 million quids worth, or some big wage packets for out of contract quality.....So safe to say we won't be getting there any time soon, unless the transfer policy changes drastically.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The Championship is unrecognisable in terms of competitiveness compared to the old Div Two that we escaped in '79, and relatively we had a much better quality of first eleven back then than I can see us assembling anytime soon. For those reasons I think it will take a huge slice of luck for us to make it in the next ten years without further massive investment in the playing side of things. Having said that, staying in The Championship for that time would keep me happy enough as long as not every season is a struggle like this one.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Nah. I'm going to start watching another sport. Wasted my 32 years supporting the club.

TBH, it's not top of my list of dreams. I dream one game at a time.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yeah, it was also the name of the league for more than half of its existence. An unforgivable error!

Indeed, next he'll be insisting that we can't say Marathon instead of Snickers, Jif instead of Cif and Ceylon instead of Sri Lanka!

Don't even get me started on Londinium....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Of course it's achievable - but as others have said, it will require a significant investment on the playing side and I don't think Bloom's up for it. The danger is that we return to League 1 with the occasional foray into the Championship (i.e. right where we'd been for 100 years, give or take, before the Amex came along). I'm eternally grateful to Bloom for his massive infrastructure investment in the club but if he doesn't find a way of putting his hand in his pocket again to bring in a competitive Championship team then League 1 is where we're heading and the ground will become a massive white elephant. I think Bloom is at the crossroads - either he invests further or he sells out. Just my opinion, like.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Teams like Hull , Burnley , Palace and Reading have done it so YES it is achievable

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Assuming we're talking about the Barclays Premier League and not some other competition, yes of course it's possible, and it doesn't depend solely on investment. Otherwise how could Blackpool and Burnley have been promoted? The right blend of hard-working players who believe in a good manager (or even Ian Holloway), luck with injuries, form and refereeing decisions - these things have proved in the past to be just as important as money spent on players.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
The Championship is unrecognisable in terms of competitiveness compared to the old Div Two that we escaped in '79, and relatively we had a much better quality of first eleven back then than I can see us assembling anytime soon. For those reasons I think it will take a huge slice of luck for us to make it in the next ten years without further massive investment in the playing side of things. Having said that, staying in The Championship for that time would keep me happy enough as long as not every season is a struggle like this one.

Completely agree, I consider we can comfortably exist in the top half of the Championship and achieve 20,000/25,000 attendances at the Amex.
The Premiership is for the top clubs in the country, brilliant for the top ten teams, for the rest a dreary existence. The supporters of QPR, Leicester and Burnley will be content to find their level next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here