Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arabic Restaurants iin Brighton

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Having worked in Beirut for some time back in the 1980's and 90's l developed a taste for Middle Eastern cuisine. I know that there are now a plethora of said Arabic restaurants in Brighton, and l wonder if any of you foodies out there have eaten at any of them regularly?

If so, do you have any particular favourites?, and which dishes do you order?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Having worked in Beirut for some time back in the 1980's and 90's l developed a taste for Middle Eastern cuisine. I know that there are now a plethora of said Arabic restaurants in Brighton, and l wonder if any of you foodies out there have eaten at any of them regularly?

If so, do you have any particular favourites?, and which dishes do you order?

I'd be interested in this - visited Beirut twice a year between 2007 and 2014. Used to regularly eat at http://mounirs.com/menu.html

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've been to Kambis just near Norfolk Square a couple of times and it was very good but having never been to the Middle East I couldn't comment on how closely it matches the food over there.

It's BYO as well which keeps the cost down.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Kambis is one of my favourites - been there lots and it's never disappointed

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Kambis is great. I've been told by a lebanese former colleague that the one on West Street is crap.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Al Nakhl at the top of West Street and Kambis by Norfolk Square are both very very good! But as I've never been to the Middle East I can't confirm if they are a true likeness.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Blue Man in Queens Road is Morrocan. Used to be in Lower East Street. Been a couple of times -- good value, and good if you like that kind of cuisine

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I like Kambis, but does anyone remember The Fountain House that used to be on Queens Road. There aren't (m)any restaurants that I end up as a regular in, but this is as close as you get. It was delicious, dirt cheap, great selection and BYO too. I regularly weep its absence.

I've been to Kambis just near Norfolk Square a couple of times and it was very good but having never been to the Middle East I couldn't comment on how closely it matches the food over there.

It's BYO as well which keeps the cost down.

For someone that has NEVER been to the Middle East you have some warped views on Israel.
By the way I'll be running Tel Aviv marathon next week. If only one could do the same safely elsewhere in the region ....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've been to Kambis, which is good, Taste of the Sahara, which is better and i need to visit Makara which i have been told is better still, all on western road

*edit* (just realised i went North African, Lebanese, Turkish,)

Indeed but then he's been brainwashed by a certain countries media.

Unlike you who sits behind their keyboard, I actually go out to the Middle East & see what life is like there in person. For someone that has such strong opinions, but never ever visited the Middle East - your opinions are laughable.

And for the record I concur with others- Sahara restaurant is very good. Especially the humus, falafel & shish kebab

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Unlike you who sits behind their keyboard, I actually go out to the Middle East & see what life is like there in person. For someone that has such strong opinions, but never ever visited the Middle East - your opinions are laughable.

Give it a ****ing rest. No one cares about your stupid spat we just want to know where to get good arabic food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here