Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
doherty-170215-l229-2276480_478x359.jpg

Harry Doherty
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
12:48 17th February 2015
by James Hilsum
I am delighted that Harry has been selected as part of the Ireland under-19 squad again, it's a much deserved call-up."
Mark Mason

Brighton & Hove Albion under-21 goalkeeper Harry Doherty has been called up to the Republic of Ireland under-19 squad for their two upcoming friendlies against Azerbaijan.Doherty will link up with the rest of the squad in Dublin on Monday 23rd February before the two matches at the Tallaght Stadium on Wednesday 25th and Friday 27th February, which kick-off at 7pm and 3pm respectively.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Head Academy Goalkeeping Coach Mark Mason said, “I am delighted that Harry has been selected as part of the Ireland under-19 squad again, it's a much deserved call-up. I speak about attitude, character and temperament a lot when it comes to goalkeepers and the next level, and Harry most certainly has these characteristics in abundance. He works hard in training, he wants to continue improving and he has a good presence around the group.“We have been really pleased with how he has transferred his training performances into games, he has had to bide his time, but when he has played he has had a really positive effect on the games.”
The two matches have been scheduled in preparation for the start of Ireland’s Elite Qualifying Round fixtures for the European Championships, which begin with a game against Germany on Saturday 28th March.
[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here