[Albion] Under 18's lose at home

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Being 3 - 0 down and coming back to finish 4 - 3 is not too bad in IMHO.
We will just have to try and be quicker out of the blocks.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My wife was at a charity night up at the Jury's Inn on Friday - & WBA were staying there. She and a friend had a few drinks in the bar afterwards with them and said the WBA lads were knocking back the drinks well into the early hours....if they can go 3 up in 25mins after being on the lash then maybe our first team need to try the same approach before a Saturday game.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I was on the line for this. Awful start from them, but West Brom had this winger who was just rapid. Think 2 or 3 goals came from this one guy running down the left wing. Brighton got their shape after half time, and Connor Tighe finished his 1st one well. But Simon Rusk doesn't half like having a moan about refereeing! The West Brom coach said to me after some of the Brighton lads were swearing at the referee "If any of my lads did that I'd grab them by the neck and throw them off the pitch myself."

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
More charming than Simon Rusk and some of the Brighton players the way the referee and I were spoken to.

Welcome to Academy football. Most of those involved are a bunch of primadonnas and it's no wonder when they turn pro they act like they do.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And this is our future. I'm genuinely worried.

So far this season Albion have beaten Norwich, Villa, Spurs (5-1), Chelsea, & Southampton (4-0). Remember we're in the u18 prem league (south) due to the club's academy status so its a big step up from last season. We've lost a couple of games recently as well but to be mid table in this league is a very positive season for the u18s and the club overall.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My wife was at a charity night up at the Jury's Inn on Friday - & WBA were staying there. She and a friend had a few drinks in the bar afterwards with them and said the WBA lads were knocking back the drinks well into the early hours....if they can go 3 up in 25mins after being on the lash then maybe our first team need to try the same approach before a Saturday game.

The under 18s or the coaching staff?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
More charming than Simon Rusk and some of the Brighton players the way the referee and I were spoken to.
Shame they are lacking in courtesy. It would be nice to instill manners and decorum from the bottom up. You don't have to be foul to show a bit of determination and passion.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
So far this season Albion have beaten Norwich, Villa, Spurs (5-1), Chelsea, & Southampton (4-0). Remember we're in the u18 prem league (south) due to the club's academy status so its a big step up from last season. We've lost a couple of games recently as well but to be mid table in this league is a very positive season for the u18s and the club overall.

Cheers for clarifying :thumbsup:. I wasn't too sure. Call me a bad fan though i rarely keep up with anything outside the main squad. :facepalm:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We are DOOMED.

Seriously though, we should be instilling respect in our youth teams, disappointing if this is not the case

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Shame they are lacking in courtesy. It would be nice to instill manners and decorum from the bottom up. You don't have to be foul to show a bit of determination and passion.

It's strange, because all the other age groups I've refereed at the academy are well behaved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here