Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest tv

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Worth watching just for some of the presenting. Scary some of them.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Said before on another thread, but I cannot tune in anymore. Channel disappeared from guide some months back. Have tried retune but to no avail.
any help welcomed

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
I've tried to watch the channel. Love the idea and the concept and am full of admiration for those who are trying to make it happen. But. Much of it is unwatchable. The Albion coverage has so much potential and live from the Amex etc are great ideas and give AITC some brilliant and deserved coverage...I guess it's just a bit too new Brighton and has a bit of a JCL Amex feel about it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know/know of most of the people involved in this channel. Some of them I consider good friends with normally well judged creative leanings and some good projects behind them. However in Latest TV they have created a totally unwatchable turkey stuffed full of minced shit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know/know of most of the people involved in this channel. Some of them I consider good friends with normally well judged creative leanings and some good projects behind them. However in Latest TV they have created a totally unwatchable turkey stuffed full of minced shit.

If nothing else it shows that presenting a show or just talking to a camera without it appearing to be a spoof is nowhere as easy as it looks.
Of course that doesn't excuse Adrian Chiles who is still a nobhead.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If nothing else it shows that presenting a show or just talking to a camera without it appearing to be a spoof is nowhere as easy as it looks.
Of course that doesn't excuse Adrian Chiles who is still a nobhead.

Exactly. The problem with these community projects is that anyone can have a go. This may seem inclusive. And it is, for the presenters, producers and writers. But massively exclusive towards the audience who have to endure it. No quality control.
Too many people in the amateur entertainment industry feel it is enough to have "had a try". It's not good enough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The presenters do really odd stuff, like suddenly swivel round by ninety degrees like they were on hinges. Probably to look into another camera but it looks really weird. And their inflection is usually total wrong with emphasis on random mid-sentence words. Don't they study how 'normal' presenters do it at all? Did they have to pass auditions for their slots? Can't believe there aren't many more talented presenters out there. Like the Albion Roar presenters for example.

Oh, and that ludicrous 'Acorn Antiques' signature tune doesn't help.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's garbage of course, but there is an immense charm to the whole thing.

The full repeat of matches is excellent, notwithstanding our performances. It's weird to see, for example, 87 replays of Solly March getting injured versus Forest whilst the commentators (who are they btw?) witter on aimlessly about not much. And if you haven't got 'The Withdean Years' on DVD then you are almost guaranteed to catch it at least once a week on Latest.

That property show where they look at a slideshow of houses taken at random from Rightmove is brilliant. And the movie/culture bit is the most stilted performance this side of the World Stilting Championship. There was a comedy show that I caught about 5 minutes of that was spectacularly terrible.

I absolutely LOVE the whole lot.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The presenters do really odd stuff, like suddenly swivel round by ninety degrees like they were on hinges. Probably to look into another camera but it looks really weird. And their inflection is usually total wrong with emphasis on random mid-sentence words. Don't they study how 'normal' presenters do it at all? Did they have to pass auditions for their slots? Can't believe there aren't many more talented presenters out there. Like the Albion Roar presenters for example.

Oh, and that ludicrous 'Acorn Antiques' signature tune doesn't help.

You got it. It's the almost creepy, very unconfident looks to camera that get me.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There is Jessica, mind...

jessica.jpg

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Albion Night is good for the match coverage (if only we had it during the almost-promotion years) and my son and I quite enjoy the video game show, Board Gamers.

But the highlight has to be Latest News. It's one of the funniest shows on TV. It's like the Day-to-Day on a local level, only with shoddy presenting and only accidental humour. They had a guy presenting the sport bulletin last night who looked like a cross between a Bond villain and Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy. Now, that's entertainment!

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Here's an interesting thing. Latest TV broadcast with permission of the BBC (true) and have to submit EVERY report they do up to the BBC with a different commentary to that shown on Latest TV. They do not get paid for this service and the BBC use a fraction of the items sent up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here