Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth hope to secure loan deal for Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
But apparently 'muff are doing this on a shoe string, or so some say

If Bournemouth can afford Wilson (£3m), Rantie (£3m), Kermogant, and possibly Murray, all whilst meeting FFP on crowds of 9k, then there has been a royal f*ck up on our operating costs, for us on gates of 20k+ to end up with Leon f*cking Best.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They can't they are gambling and rightly so.

You also forget they have £9m in sales banked, and ffp losses permitted will be bigger.

Also fees paid don't contribute much of the loss, only the amortisation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If this happens I will be fecking furious

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They can't they are gambling and rightly so.

You also forget they have £9m in sales banked, and ffp losses permitted will be bigger.

Also fees paid don't contribute much of the loss, only the amortisation.

We've had £9m of sales banked.

It seems that The Amex and our staff/operating costs just seem to be extortionate, which is worrying.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We've had £9m of sales banked.

It seems that The Amex and our staff/operating costs just seem to be extortionate, which is worrying.

Let's see what our wage bill is versus theirs. Can guarantee ours will be much higher. We have players on 17-18k a week.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Theres got to be some accounting skullduggery going on down there

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
They are a club with ambition and have a more than good chance of automatic promotion this season, I don't blame them really.
Once in the promised land, all sins will be forgiven and bank loans paid off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea how they are staying within FFP but Bournemouth seem to be light years in front of us in terms of recruitment, style and coaching staff. Good luck to them getting Glenn Murray, it seems that they are determined to get over the line to reach the Premier League and are trying to ensure that they have the players.

More goals for reject Murray at the Amex coming up? Bloom must love the way his nose keeps getting rubbed in it by a Palace player, pretty well everytime he plays against us. The perfect reminder about what can happen if you don't pay the going rate for player on your books.

Last edited:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
It seems a Palace fan has written our fate ever since that second leg and this is another chapter :censored:

Well at least we were 'lucky' to get a nice ground and a couple of seasons of success not like other teams are so spoilt.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I didn't think Murray could play for another team this season as he has already played for two teams. Happy to be corrected. Good luck by the way to Bournemouth who seem to have a fantastic team playing and scoring for fun. I for one don't care what they spend on players given the crowds they get, so what. We just sound like jealous cousins

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The mistake we made this season was volume over quality. Why sign 3 class players when you can sign 10 mediocre ones. We'll learn.

el punal

If Bournemouth can afford Wilson (£3m), Rantie (£3m), Kermogant, and possibly Murray, all whilst meeting FFP on crowds of 9k, then there has been a royal f*ck up on our operating costs, for us on gates of 20k+ to end up with Leon f*cking Best.

Here we go again!!! Barber out! Bloom out! Board out! Shake it all about!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here