Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Lawrenson's half time natter PNE v MAN U

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Seemed he only played for preton and liverpool didnt even mention us again .
Shame i liked Lawro when he was with us but seems we are not worthy of a mention not the 1st time he's done this turned into a bit of a dick imo

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We're not really relevant to today's half time natter.

Sadly though, Lawrenson hardly ever does seem to mention his time at Brighton.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We're not really relevant to today's half time natter.

Sadly though, Lawrenson hardly ever does seem to mention his time at Brighton.

i think the post was tounge in cheek, with reference to the myth that he never speaks of us.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
^^ correct perhaps he was with David Icke and had his memory partially erased by aliens Mark who?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I loved Brighton as soon as I saw the place, bright, bustling and cosmopolitan, and the football club was on a high. They had just been promoted to the Second Division and everything was looking good.

What I did not realise when I arrived was that I was taking the place of Graham Cross, the former Leicester player, who had enjoyed a tremendous season in Brighton’s promotion run. There were a few mutterings in the dressing room about this unknown teenager from Preston but Alan Mullery soon silenced them and made it very clear that he was backing me to the hilt. It was the first time I had been away from home but it did not seem to matter. Most of the Brighton players had been recruited from different parts of the country and there were very few locals in the team. There were never any problems about settling in because the majority of the players were in the same boat so we tended to stick together.

I defy anyone not to like living in Brighton. I could see myself staying there permanently long after my football career was over, that’s how much I liked the place, and it seemed that the club would be successful for a long time to come. We just missed out on promotion to the First Division in my first year, but it would happen 12 months later. The town was football daft and we were getting gates of 24,000 on a regular basis at the Goldstone Ground.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
You would think that Lineker only played for Everton as well!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I normally can't abide him, but thought today's piece was really good. And as it had the arse end of **** all to do with us, I'm cool with not being namechecked.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I loved Brighton as soon as I saw the place, bright, bustling and cosmopolitan, and the football club was on a high. They had just been promoted to the Second Division and everything was looking good.

What I did not realise when I arrived was that I was taking the place of Graham Cross, the former Leicester player, who had enjoyed a tremendous season in Brighton’s promotion run. There were a few mutterings in the dressing room about this unknown teenager from Preston but Alan Mullery soon silenced them and made it very clear that he was backing me to the hilt. It was the first time I had been away from home but it did not seem to matter. Most of the Brighton players had been recruited from different parts of the country and there were very few locals in the team. There were never any problems about settling in because the majority of the players were in the same boat so we tended to stick together.

I defy anyone not to like living in Brighton. I could see myself staying there permanently long after my football career was over, that’s how much I liked the place, and it seemed that the club would be successful for a long time to come. We just missed out on promotion to the First Division in my first year, but it would happen 12 months later. The town was football daft and we were getting gates of 24,000 on a regular basis at the Goldstone Ground.

Yes,but did Lawro think?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here