Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you've just won BHAFC in a Poker game with Tony. What next?

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
So hypothetically you've just won the whole club from Tony in a poker game.
What would you next steps be on how you would run the club and pick it up,
Would you sack the board and bring in new faces? Change of football staff. I.E Coaches, Trainers and personel?

Well what would you do? Discuss :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not a lot as i don't have millions to lose keeping the club afloat / competitive - look for a new owner / give it back to Bloom? i guess

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
i would build a modern stadium, training facilities and employ strikers who can score goals.............

If-you-post-it-they-will-come-409x220.jpg

Seriously, I would give the fans more of a say in running club matters, ie a fans delegation on the board.
A decent manager with a good scouting network.

Last edited:

SteveTheSeagull

Feb 14, 2015
Not a lot as i don't have millions to lose keeping the club afloat / competitive - look for a new owner / give it back to Bllom? i guess

That's why it might be your plan to make cutbacks on things. Possibilities are endless really. From Seeling certain aspects of the club to getting rid of high earners.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That's why it might be your plan to make cutbacks on things. Possibilities are endless really. From Seeling certain aspects of the club to getting rid of high earners.

The only way to significantly cut costs would be to get rid of the players (admittedly you would have to pay off their expensive contracts) and sign some non league players.

SteveTheSeagull

Feb 14, 2015
The only way to significantly cut costs would be to get rid of the players (admittedly you would have to pay off their expensive contracts) and sign some non league players.

True though i personally see the Amex as abit of a money sink. I myself would be looking to downsize and close off parts of the ground that are hardly used. It's all good having a loverly stadium but when It loses you money each game. Either that or i would be looking to maximise revenue to help plug the hole by hiring out the ground for concerts and other sports event's. I.E Boxing.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
True though i personally see the Amex as abit of a money sink. I myself would be looking to downsize and close off parts of the ground that are hardly used. It's all good having a loverly stadium but when It loses you money each game. Either that or i would be looking to maximise revenue to help plug the hole by hiring out the ground for concerts and other sports event's. I.E Boxing.

Which parts of the ground could you close off?

SteveTheSeagull

Feb 14, 2015
Which parts of the ground could you close off?

Mainly the parts that tend not to fill on a match by match basis. By looking at stats and figure's. As i said it's all hyperthetical. Heck you could just leave the club as it is if you really wanted too lol.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
So hypothetically you've just won the whole club from Tony in a poker game.
What would you next steps be on how you would run the club and pick it up,
Would you sack the board and bring in new faces? Change of football staff. I.E Coaches, Trainers and personel?

Well what would you do? Discuss :thumbsup:

Double or quits and fold. I cannot afford to give the club £8-10 Million a year.
Or put the club on ebay?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Sell the club to Bill Archer for £56.25

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here