Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do we need?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
In way of signings, to turn this team back into a play off team.

Personally I feel our squad is a long way off. At a minimum, I think we need;

GK - Stockdale not good enough to chase promotion.
CD (possibly 2) - Greer's playing days are numbered, and I'm still not totally convinced with Dunk. Too many weak goals are being conceded.
LB - Bennett is not strong enough defensively, he was signed under SH who wanted fullbacks to be wingers.
AM - a playmaker in front of two of Stephens/Ince/Kayal
RW - Again, we lack anything in this position as SH did not want wide players.
ST - Obvious reasons. We need a goalscorer.

I make that 6/7 new players before we can realistically think of the play-offs again.

We cant expect much better than our current position until then. The board must spend money. Hopefully a good summer this year.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

CD (possibly 2) - Greer's playing days are numbered, and I'm still not totally convinced with Dunk. Too many weak goals are being conceded.
LB - Bennett is not strong enough defensively, he was signed under SH who wanted fullbacks to be wingers.

I make that 6/7 new players before we can realistically think of the play-offs again.

We cant expect much better than our current position until then. The board must spend money. Hopefully a good summer this year.

Which divisional play off's would you be referring to, Div 1 or Championship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fans who aren't going to lose their shite the moment the team has the audacity to not win.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
A new manager.

(Because that's always the answer...)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A Board that is truly interested in getting to the Premier League in the next 5 years; and relies more on actions than words when it comes to demonstrating ambition.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I'd argue the goalkeeper. He was good enough to get Hull out of this league a couple of seasons ago. He had a bit of a dodgy start but has been much improved of late.

I think Dunk is good enough as well.

Don't want to detract from your point though, you are right. There's lots to do before we can start thinking about promotion again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
3 additions last summer would have put us in to a play off position but with players out of contract and going back to their parent club means that the summer will need to be very busy and probably 6 players need to be coming in. In an ideal world we need:
I quick centre back
2 full backs
goalscoring wide midfielder
20 goal a season striker
experienced goal keeper to put pressure on Stockdale.
P
This is not taking into account how existing injured players will progress as that may reduce the number required.

Not sure that will happen as the board seem reluctant to spend serious money on the most important area of the club on the playing staff.

Last edited:

el punal

Fans who aren't going to lose their shite the moment the team has the audacity to not win.

Don't be silly! We have had two consecutive 0-0 draws away following a loss to Nottm. Forest strewn with defensive errors. How does CH address the situation - ensures that the defence plays tighter than a duck's arse, problem rectified.

But oh no! Despite that we are battling to gain points to avoid relegation, some fans think that we should be playing like Barcelona in their pomp.

There are some on this site who are only happy if they can moan and blame at the slightest excuse. By the way the pies must be good - haven't heard anyone sounding off about that lately. :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We'll have a better idea once we've seen (and more importantly, CH has seen) what can be achieved this season with the present squad (plus hopefully one or two good loanees). Certainly I think it will be time to review our ageing defence. After that, it's a case of who we can find who is an improvement on what we've got - and whether we can afford them and whether they'll want to come here.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A lot depends on who getes released at the end of the season, I can see around 12 - 13 of the current squad( including loans) not being here in august and working on that assumption we need 1 RB replacement/.cover for Bruno 2 CB replacement for greer replacement for Hughesr, 2 LB replacement for Bennett , replacement for Chickson, AM someone to pick a pass who's better vfm than kemy , 2 wingers, remember gus saying we needed 2 players in every position? A proper centre forward to complement Baldock plus a back up striker , We probably need a new third choice keeper too though barring injuries Stockdale and Walton will be just fine. Looks like a busy summer ahead.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What do we need...Simple............A team like we had two seasons ago to challenge and win promotion.......

Then looking forward Bloom sells out to Sheikh with unlimited pot of money.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here