Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Used to frustrate the hell out of me, although he is not alone in the modern game, with an apparent reluctance to 'get stuck in' on the 50/50s. The amount of solid, block tackles are minimal now, especially with our slighter build midfield.

Maybe it is down to them new fangled pink and orange striped boots with socks built in?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In a fully-fit squad he'd be lucky to get on our bench. Not better than Lua Lua or Teixeira, probably not better than March either and not as decent as Stephens or Crofts if they'd been fit. 2 goals in 17 apps + 4 subs is nothing special.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
In a fully-fit squad he'd be lucky to get on our bench. Not better than Lua Lua or Teixeira, probably not better than March either and not as decent as Stephens or Crofts if they'd been fit. 2 goals in 17 apps + 4 subs is nothing special.

If he was fit for 90% of the season he'd be a great part of our squad. Got a lot more intelligence on the ball than others and a great delivery. Would definitely put a fit Orlandi ahead of March's ability right now, and he's not in the same position as Crofts or Stephens.

Trouble is, he's hardly ever match fit.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

What has March done? A good prospect but at the moment, that's all. Orlandi doesn't play for his goal scoring. He plays because he can pass and make things happen. A fit and on-form Orlandi would have walked into this team desperately starved of creativity and guile. If you get rid of your players make sure you have better ones to replace them. The club didn't do that. In my view, we should never have let him go in the first place and he was worth at least a short-term deal to prove himself.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Orlandi was that good he wouldn't have been without a club then given no option but to sign for League 1-bound Blackpool. Let's move on.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Andrea Orlandi, I seem to remember, had the most assists in the league the season Poyet took us to the play-offs.

It was certainly not a lack of talent, nor his persona. Injuries/fitness got the better of him.

Yoda

English & European
We'd have to ask that twit David Burke. Remember Oscar recommended he be offered a new deal, Burke released him. Another fine decision that has left us weaker.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looked very lively for Blackpool, has me asking why the f*** did we let him go?

Because he was not good enough. But did we get a left sided midfielder that was any better. Forster-Caskey must have been meant to step up to the grade?!

I though Colunga was better, but he has gone now.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Looked very lively for Blackpool, has me asking why the f*** did we let him go?

2013–14 season.
14 league appearances, 2 FA cup appearances

Fitness issues and therefore deemed not to be injury free enough for a new contract?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
And crofts was kept because?
2013–14 season.
23 league games, 5 league goals. 1 FA cup match & 1 FA cup goal

(did he run out of contract? - did he have appearance related clauses that were hit, awarding another year? etc...?)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Because he was not good enough. But did we get a left sided midfielder that was any better. Forster-Caskey must have been meant to step up to the grade?!

I though Colunga was better, but he has gone now.

Colunga didn't even come close to Orlandi in his first season here. Orlandi got 11 assists (3rd most in the league), and 7 goals, and was involved in everything.

Granted, last season Orlandi was rarely fit, and was nowhere near those levels, but Colunga did nothing to suggest he's better to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here