Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff weds match highlights -stockdale

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Just seen the minute of lowlights from the game.

Where are these two wonderful saves big Dave made?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just seen the minute of lowlights from the game.

Where are these two wonderful saves big Dave made?

Quite a few competent saves at the right height for saving on the Extended Highlights. I thought the Albion game (w/o the romance and atmosphere) was better than Bradford v Sunderland. The same naff pitch conditions but Sunderland did not rise above League One standard. I tried to watch the whole match but I gave up at half time it was so crappy.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm a stockdale critic so happy to speak up . Was a good save for the tip over . The other one he punched bang back into danger and could of cost us . Shot did have some sting on though . Save with feet also did job . Looks like he had a decent game for a change . Let's hope he backs it up and finds some consistency

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'm a stockdale critic so happy to speak up . Was a good save for the tip over . The other one he punched bang back into danger and could of cost us . Shot did have some sting on though . Save with feet also did job . Looks like he had a decent game for a change . Let's hope he backs it up and finds some consistency

For a change??????

Excellent goalkeeper.
He's also one of the best (if not THE best) attacking distributers in the game.

Sooooo glad I haven't got to watch PIG hoof it into touch anymore.
It was like watching a rugby union game!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's hard to comprehend a fan sticking the boot into one specific player after he has performed his specific job perfectly well in his last 2 games.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
For a change??????

Excellent goalkeeper.
He's also one of the best (if not THE best) attacking distributers in the game.

Sooooo glad I haven't got to watch PIG hoof it into touch anymore.
It was like watching a rugby union game!

Worse keeper in the championship , his main job is to make saves , mind you with his passing ability perhaps he could do a job in midfield for us , then at least he would not be in goal

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Worse keeper in the championship , his main job is to make saves , mind you with his passing ability perhaps he could do a job in midfield for us , then at least he would not be in goal

He could do a job up front partnering Dunk.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

This is a much highlights than I saw. Definitely like to sign Jérémy Hélan (left back) and he would cost a lot. This commentary had the names and I thought I was getting them mixed up with the Albion player commentary.

When Wednesday get their injured players fit, I think they have a better team than us, but they cannot score either. They tried to pass it a bit as well, unlike at the Amex, when I also thought they were quite good.

Calderon played very well but he is not good enough at right back or central defence!

Baldock did well in the first few minutes.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The 2nd save they show of Stockdale's about 3 minutes in. What the hell is Greer doing?? Is he scared the ball might hit him or something?

He doesn't do anything - that's the problem: he waits for the ball and stoops to head it instead of attacking it like their forward did. V poor & he knows it too from his reaction.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
My original point was that we were told (albeit, by the argus) that Big Dave had made 2 saves to win us a point. Looking at the saves he made (including the patty cake on 3 mins of the video), he made the saves I would expect a goalkeeper to make - all of them were at him and he had to move a hand, or foot. The difference between this and a keeper who wins you points is that they make saves you dont expect them to make - and this is the main issue many people have with BD right now.

I think the frustrating side to all of this is that BD has all of the attributes to be a fantastic keeper, but he just doesn't show it week in, week out - so when he does concede a goal and punts the ball into the back of the net and stands there with his hands on his hips at the edge of the 18, it all becomes a bigger show than if he had actually saved the shot...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here