Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun the Sheep the movie

Eighty five wondrously bonkers minutes of anthromorphic ovine and canine (and several other "ines" as well) lunacy, sight gags, physical humour and myriad little details to amuse young and old alike. Forget slick CGI Disney and Dreamwork stuff with lots of hidden meanings, sentimentality and earworm power ballads, this has sheep dressing up as people, a dog being mistaken for a surgeon plus farting and belching gags.

Both I and youngest Potting enjoyed it at arguably Sussex's finest cinema - Uckfield Picture House - the owner of which I believe is an Albion fan.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Saw it today - was alright but wasn't really judging it as was more for my littlen!

Agree about Uckfield though - went there for sing along frozen sat morning for the kids deal :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Aardman just don't let you down. Never. No other studio can credibly make that claim, though Pixar probably comes closest.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The world would be a much poorer place without Aardman. I'm going this week, can't wait!

Saw it today - was alright but wasn't really judging it as was more for my littlen!

Agree about Uckfield though - went there for sing along frozen sat morning for the kids deal :thumbsup:

Is there some sort of award for adults who go to a sing along "Frozen"?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Saw it yesterday at Worthing's Dome Cinema.

We all enjoyed it - from the 4-year-old all the way through to the nearly 70-year-old.

Having spent a number of years in and around Bristol, I have great affection for Aardman. Their inspired Gromit Unleashed arts trail and subsequent sales of merchandise has raised millions of pounds for Bristol Childrens' Hospital, and that looks set to be repeated with this coming Summer Shaun trail around the City.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
A friend of mines husband was one of the dynamic effects editor on this film. He was the man who made the hoof noises and all the little atmospheric sound effects.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Saw it yesterday at Worthing's Dome Cinema.

We all enjoyed it - from the 4-year-old all the way through to the nearly 70-year-old.

Having spent a number of years in and around Bristol, I have great affection for Aardman. Their inspired Gromit Unleashed arts trail and subsequent sales of merchandise has raised millions of pounds for Bristol Childrens' Hospital, and that looks set to be repeated with this coming Summer Shaun trail around the City.

We did the Gromit Unleashed trail in Bristol, it took us to many places in the city that we didn't know about, my youngest son loved it.
Hopefully we will be doing the Shuan trail which is also in London before the summer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is there some sort of award for adults who go to a sing along "Frozen"?

Haha there should be although I quite enjoyed it. I swear I've sat through frozen 5 times at least and never watched it ince properly til yesterday - was very good!

el punal

Great reviews! I've got a "double-bill" at the end of the week. Taking the the grandchildren to watch the film on Friday, then on Saturday taking grandson Harry to watch his now beloved Albion against Birmingham. This will be his first time among the "grown-ups" in the West Upper! :albion2:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My favourite Aardman film is Pirates In An Adventure With Scientists. Great fun and as is always the case jokes for kids and adults. Soundtrack features songs by The Clash, Pogues, The Beat and Tenpole Tudor amongst others.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Eighty five wondrously bonkers minutes of anthromorphic ovine and canine (and several other "ines" as well) lunacy, sight gags, physical humour and myriad little details to amuse young and old alike. Forget slick CGI Disney and Dreamwork stuff with lots of hidden meanings, sentimentality and earworm power ballads, this has sheep dressing up as people, a dog being mistaken for a surgeon plus farting and belching gags.

Both I and youngest Potting enjoyed it at arguably Sussex's finest cinema - Uckfield Picture House - the owner of which I believe is an Albion fan.
Just got back from Uckfield, took your advice and went with my 7 year old lad. We both really enjoyed the film and the venue is so much nicer than Brighton cinemas. I live in Hollingbury and found the drive a lot less stressfull than driving into town. Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I sold them a glue gun for use in the making of the film. It broke after one use. Our suppler then took 6 weeks to send a replacement. They were very friendly and patient about it though. If the movie was in any way delayed, I'd like to think I contributed to it in some way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here