Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-150215-l229-2272997_478x359.jpg

James Marrs.
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
21:00 15th February 2015
by James Hilsum
It’s really nice to be in the final and to have that sort of occasion to look forward to. "
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs was delighted to reach the Sussex Challenge Cup Final and praised his players for their professionalism shown against Hassocks today.
The Seagulls dispatched the Robins 15-0 to set up a rematch of last year’s final in the same competition against Chichester on 12th March and Marrs feels his players thoroughly deserve a place in the county’s showpiece match.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was a really positive exercise today; the girls worked very hard, applied themselves in the right manner and I thought we put in a thoroughly professional performance.
“I thought all the goals we scored were of real quality, there was some good build up play that we’ve worked on during the week and we played a lot more in the final third.
“It’s very easy once you get five or six goals to switch off and start showboating and things like that, but we didn’t do that today and stuck to the job at hand which is what I asked them to do.
“It’s really nice to be in the final and to have that sort of occasion to look forward to. The girls are getting their just rewards for all of their hard work.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Marrs handed centre of excellence under-17 player Phoebe Leitch her senior debut, and also gave development squad players Ellie Lock and Megan Fox a chance to impress in the first team.
“I’m firm believer in giving the youngsters a try when they’re ready. We felt it was the right opportunity to do that today and they’ve come on and done a fantastic job, every single one of them.
“It was nice that the FA granted a license for us to play Phoebe this weekend and we really appreciate that. I thought she had a really good solid 65 minutes of first-team football and you want to see the youngsters out there competing with the seniors. It’s fantastic and a great day for the club all round.”
The Albion manager then went onto praise Hassocks for their collective performance, despite suffering a heavy defeat.
“I thought their work rate and application was fantastic. It’s very easy for them to throw the towel in but they never did that. They worked really hard and I felt 15-0 was a bit harsh for the effort they put into the game.
“If they continue to work like that week-in, week-out, then I’m sure they’ll get off the bottom of their table and finish in a more comfortable position.”[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here