Glad we're shot of Gus now??

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have never been glad to be shot of him, in fact I rather wish he was still here.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Wish he had never gone.

Best period of Football since '77-'79, had he stayed he may well have surpassed that era.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looking back in hindsight if Gus had stayed we would probably be in the Premier League but with the Uruguayan equivalent of Harry Redknapp trying to be a wheeler dealer.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looking back in hindsight if Gus had stayed we would probably be in the Premier League but with the Uruguayan equivalent of Harry Redknapp trying to be a wheeler dealer.

I firmly believe that had he stayed we'd have been promoted last season - the momentum was all there, we just needed to take that one last step.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He was an incredible manager for us - one of the best we've ever had

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Could you imagine if He came back?
There'd be tears,hugs,more tears,I even think Him and Tony would redo their vows.
Christ you get some right pricks on here:nono:
I Facking hate poyet and never liked him here as he's an egotistical **** who did nothing but disrespect our club,yes our club and Facked up our chances against palace with his shite tactics and turning up late.
His football was turgid and boring most of the time and he just wanted more money to spend in which was more important than the club's financial state to him.

How any facker could want that cretin back here is beyond belief and if you do then you're a gus supporter not a brighton supporter...FACT:censored:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I Facking hate poyet and never liked him here as he's an egotistical **** who did nothing but disrespect our club,yes our club and Facked up our chances against palace with his shite tactics and turning up late.
His football was turgid and boring most of the time and he just wanted more money to spend in which was more important than the club's financial state to him.

How any facker could want that cretin back here is beyond belief and if you do then you're a gus supporter not a brighton supporter...FACT:censored:

Rant of the day :rant:

Oh I say,
I've never been so offended in all my life!
Ps,what's a fight prick?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, here's a first. I'm gonna quote myself, because my thoughts on Gus are still as per.

I've not read the whole thread, but the sourness in how it all ended here with Gus seems to have MASSIVELY coloured peoples opinions of what he actually achieved here. Quite a few seem to be rewriting history on just what he achieved at this club and are being hugely revisionist. I think its worth remembering that we have HIM to thank for kicking off that inaugural season at the Amex in the Championship. That is fact.

He came in and had the immediate effect of hauling us out of what was turning into a L1 relegation dogfight, giving us a comfortable midtable finish. We then STORMED that division the following season, playing some of the best football I've ever seen from an Albion team. He built a team and gave it a distinct indentity and a style of play which swept all before them. His charisma and high profile in the game gave us an edge in the transfer market as good players wanted to come here and play for him. He took us to 4th in the Championship, and by the time he left, had built the backbone to a squad that remained competitive the following season despite multiple long-term injuries and (later) numerous sales.

Yes he was a gobshite. Yes it became tedious when he openly touted about other jobs. But IMO he remains one of the best managers we have ever had. He performed a minor miracle in keeping Sunderland up last season with some incredible results, as well as getting them to a cup final. So to hear some of them wanting him binned now is laughable - what exactly are they expecting ? They're Sunderland ffs, they're lucky to even be in that division, and the bloke in the dugout secured it for them.

Poyet can be gobby, abrasive, opinionated and a bit of a diva. But he's also a very good manager, and were we not happily fixed up with Hughton now, I'd have had him back here in a flash.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here