Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet cycle complete and glass ceiling met...Sunderland forum

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
not all of us, but there is at least 5 Poyet threads a week on here.

A healthy interest in ex-employees including Ash, Leo, Matt Upson and even Murray/Zamora makes the world go around so Gus with all the baggage is hardly surprising. I think most people treat it with the levity that it warrants.

Feb 14, 2010
I cant see he is doing that badly at Sunderland and he did OK with us. He does however seem to be gaining a reputation for failing in the big games (Us v Palace in the play offs and now Bradford v Sunderland). He also seems to rub allot of people up the wrong way. He is certainly work in progress as a manager. For us tho, his biggest failure was his forwards. He got the keeper, defence and midfield right but then messed it up with replacing Murray with CMS. Poor poor call that cost us the Premier League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Keep them coming chaps, I've decided if you can't beat them join them, so from now on I to support:-

Gus & Hove Albion

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
His ego will hold him back, seriously needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut.

D

Deleted member 2719

I cant see he is doing that badly at Sunderland and he did OK with us. He does however seem to be gaining a reputation for failing in the big games (Us v Palace in the play offs and now Bradford v Sunderland). He also seems to rub allot of people up the wrong way. He is certainly work in progress as a manager. For us tho, his biggest failure was his forwards. He got the keeper, defence and midfield right but then messed it up with replacing Murray with CMS. Poor poor call that cost us the Premier League.
The thing is with Gus he had every chance to learn from the Brighton experience, but he didn't so he is now up against it maybe he should manage in Uruguay he understands their culture and a job he can get his TEETH into.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
not all of us, but there is at least 5 Poyet threads a week on here.

The first word in the title gives you a clue as to the subject matter being discussed ..... I wouldn't open a thread who's title started 'Cake Decorating' as it wouldn't interest me. Try the method, you might enjoy it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I see Buckley wasn't in the squad again...no surprise there (injured?)

Also from the BBC website match report:

Many fans among the 4,000-strong away support then turned on head coach Poyet.
The Uruguayan was serenaded with chants of 'you're getting sacked in the morning'

The Uruguayan was serenaded with chants of 'you're getting sacked in the morning'

Here's one for you then,just say,hypothetically like,that Gus and Tony B had a JR- Sue Ellen type reconciliation would we have Him back?as a collection of fans?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Buckley was on Radio 5 Live yesterday morning, so presumably injured. Bright and intelligent chap who didn't sound like yer stereotypical footballer at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here